Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of 8" lift and 33's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Oct 18, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

pics of 8\" lift and 33\'s

my truck is about to get 5" of lift and i have 33's..i think it will look good..right now its only at 2" and it is good..no rubbing at all plenty of room..but i was also thinking about a 3" body..and i would of course go to like 36's..but i have 10 bolts with 3.08...so thats not ganna happen yet lol..whats 8" and 33's look like anyway?..if its to goofy ill just wait on the body lift /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: pics of 8\" lift and 33\'s

Might be a little dark, but here is 6" lift, 2" body lift and 33's on my burb /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have 6+3 with 35" boggers and I think it looks great. Your getting into the funky looking zone especially if you run a non agressive tire, it might look ok with boggers or tsl's or something though. A guy around here is running 10" front and 4" back with the metric BFG MT's that are like 31x14.50 or so. I think it is the goofiest K5 i've ever seen. Here is a pic of mine with 9" and 35's. [​IMG]

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That thing is gonna look so sweet hacked and with 39.5s.

6. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    That thing is gonna look so sweet hacked and with 39.5s.

[/ QUOTE ] Don't hold your breath. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I say, if you've got a nice bodied rig, you may as well save the panels. My truck is rotted to hell so I don't really give a poo if I cut the piss out of it.

8. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I have 6+3 with 35" boggers and I think it looks great. Your getting into the funky looking zone especially if you run a non agressive tire, it might look ok with boggers or tsl's or something though. A guy around here is running 10" front and 4" back with the metric BFG MT's that are like 31x14.50 or so. I think it is the goofiest K5 i've ever seen. Here is a pic of mine with 9" and 35's. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ] Nice Rig! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

In my sig, go to the 1980 pickup. Its got 6" and 33's Front looks good but the back looks alittle goofy casu it sets a little high in the back. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thanx for all the pics..nice lookin trucks!! from the pics ive seen it isnt bad..maybe ill go for it..will see after the 5" if i wanna go higher right now..5" will probobly be fine though once i actually see it.

11. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Nice Rig! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Thank you, at least someone on this board doesn't think it looks goofy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

i tried to bite my tongue, but i can't stand it any longer...ARE YOU FOR REAL??? is this april fools??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif i didn't read this thread right, or did i, 8" lift with 33's??? please tell me you made a typo. if you can already clear the tires w/o rubbing then why do you want more lift??? so you're going to lift it to 5", presumably to fit bigger tire in the future right? that is fine and dandy and i could understand the finances and the logic why you would want to wear your 33's out before you buy new tires. however if this were the case, why would you add the body lift??? are you plannin on putting 40's or bigger on??? the body lift only makes your rig more of a disgrace! save yourself some face and leave the body lift off until you step up to 42's or 44's. with a 5" lift you can clear all the tire you want to while still having a decent ride and flex. 8" is way way too high. DON'T DO IT! if you go through with it your rig will be the biggest joke on this board. why don't you post this question over on pirate? i guarantee you'll get death threats. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ] Thank you, at least someone on this board doesn't think it looks goofy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i made fun of you without actually seeing your rig. i'm sorry man.... cause i should have given you a lot more sh!t about it. way way way too high!!!!! you need /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif and ya your rims look way too wide for those tires that's a fact!

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm glad you know everything about rigs reeser. Without you, we wouldn't know what to do.

I think his rig looks just fine, just needs to be leveled, which is part of the reason for installing a suspension lift in the first place.

8-9" isn't too high. It's about the limit though. You can't fit ANYTHING at 5". Hell, good luck fitting even 36s without hacking the crap out of your fenders at 5". If you're willing to cut, you can fit anything, but at 8", even with some moderate hacking, its still a tight squeeze at times.

My truck has 9" and pretty well hacked front fenders and I still managed to rub with 38s. I had to cut some more just from flexing it out in the yard....and I run a sway bar!

15. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

you're running 9" lift and 38's. this guy wants an 8" and 33's. i am not inadvertanly making fun of your rig because it has over an 8" lift. i meant that 8" lifts are way too high for 33's. i could see 37's but anything smaller and it's just rediculous.

16. bigredblzr

bigredblzr 1/2 ton status

I agree with reeser. My truck has 5in lift and 33's and there is WAY too much space in the wheel wells. I hope that you're going a lot wider in lifting you truck another 6in, otherwise you're asking for a rollover. I would say don't go any smaller than BIG 37s with 8in of lift, and those suckers better be way outside your wheel wells. If you're worried about room in the wheel well, I say hack away; don't put yourself and others in danger with a over lifted truck.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

8" is a bit too high for 33s, but will work for now.

As to 8" being way too high, it just depends on what the truck will be used for.

18. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i tried to bite my tongue, but i can't stand it any longer...ARE YOU FOR REAL???

[/ QUOTE ]

It's his truck, who cares if he wants to make it how he likes it. It's not like he's asking if hockey pucks will work to make a lift. IMO you hardly needed to make a post on Pirate about it either to prove your opinion is the only one...

19. bigredblzr

bigredblzr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    IMO you hardly needed to make a post on Pirate about it either to prove your opinion is the only one...

[/ QUOTE ]
    ummm...his opinion isn't the only one. I posted on this before I even saw his pirates thread. Though I think that posting on the pirates board was a little over the edge, he does have valid a point. Needlessly lifting a fullsize that high is a SAFETY ISSUE to say the least /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.

20. rjfguitar

Reeser, do us a favor please go back to pirate and stay there. We don't need your "i know it all" comments like your opinion is the only one that matters. If he wants 8" and 33's let him, thats cool with me if he likes it. You and I wouldn't do it, I ran 6" and 33's for a while and I wouldn't have went bigger BUT... thats my opinion and I'm not going to give this guy" are you for real" kind of crap for it. And my truck doesn't look funny, it's looks good in a lot of peoples opinion. and my rims AREN'T too wide and THATS a fact. Lets see a pic of your heep of sh!t so we can make fun of it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif