Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of a 8 lug to 6 lug adapter???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4xcrazy, Feb 12, 2004.

1. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Does anybody have any pics of the 8 lug to 6 lug adapter? Or maybe any comments on this product. I am curious as to the quality of this product and if it's worth it to be able to run my stock wheels...

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Here is a pic of the adapters that TonyP makes....

[​IMG]

3. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

will the six lug wheel fit over the hub?

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    will the six lug wheel fit over the hub?

[/ QUOTE ]

now THATS, a good question, i guess i'll have to go out and measure the center hole.

Any idea on what these cost?

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

6. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

i would like to make some of those

do you only use 6 of the 8 lugs to hold the spacer on

Andrew

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

yes the hubs need to be turned down so your 6 lug rim will slide over them, then it's just like adding a 1"inch spacer on the rear axle per side...you do use only 6 of the 8 lug studs... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Kinda like this?
    [​IMG]
    These are from
    Grady's Extreme Off-Road!
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god those things are nice, but geez, you act like i have a job or somethin?? those things are severly priced!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Kinda like this?
    [​IMG]
    These are from
    Grady's Extreme Off-Road!
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god those things are nice, but geez, you act like i have a job or somethin?? those things are severly priced!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Yeah, I know, But there kool for the Bling factor!
    Bill

10. SlamChops

SlamChops Newbie

[ QUOTE ]
    yes the hubs need to be turned down so your 6 lug rim will slide over them, then it's just like adding a 1"inch spacer on the rear axle per side...you do use only 6 of the 8 lug studs... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

how much do your adapters cost?

11. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much do your adapters cost?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was informed they run $165 for the set and then it runs around $75 to have the hubs and axle bolt plates shaved down to accomodate the smaller wheel opening.
    Seriously thinkin about goin this route, tires i have been noticing are alittle cheaper for 15"rims as opposed to the 16's. And i don't really do anything super extreme like rock crawling to where i think i'd be in danger of breaking them. I usually have to take it easy anyways with the "R.V" when wheelin, already broke the 1/2 axle housing wheelin it.

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Hey Tj why don't you just go out side and grab one of your aluminum ralley's and see it it slides over your hub. Some aluminum rims fit I belive. If not then you'll have to turn em'. And go to bed so you can help lift my truck tommorrow /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

have you looked at what the cost difference is to make custom hubs vs those adapters and machine work on the factory hub?
    I cannot see it being that much different in the end to do it right vs the bandaid approach

oh man Gradies is right by the track, have to check them out next race

14. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Well thats kinda why i haven't come to a definate decision on it yet, i am still lookin around and the possibility of just converting the front over to 8 lug is still there as i already have the parts. I would need to purchase wheels if i went that route and either way i still need new tires, so the costs of everything, i really don't know yet. With the higher cost of 16" tires, this is another pondering thing as in the long run runnin 15" would be cheaper, but the fact of runnin 8 lug equipment just seems to be the stronger option. Another reason to wait is to see what options and ideas come up on this post, Thanks for the insight though, keep em coming,,, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif