Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of a stripped down blazer

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KENNY, Jul 31, 2002.

1. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

anyone have pics of a rebuild of a body of a 69-72 blazer. bought one and want to know the best place to start and what to look out for. am planning on replacing floors doors and panels

2. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

I have about 5 pic's of mine july of 2001 when i restored mine. Just start where ever you want take your time and take notes where the shims go when you take the fenders and doors off and so on. It will go smother when it is time to put back together. <font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font color>

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

so you went and bought it huh?good job.im glad there is anether k5 saved from the junk heap.id go for the parts that will keep you from getting a good inspection sticker if you plan on driving it right away.most rust holes i think can only be no bigger than you can put your finger through to be legal.hows it run by the way?

4. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

YEAH MAN, couldn't resist her. tried to convince myself not to get into another project but this is the one i want. she runs good for a 250. that's going out and a 350 is getting put in when I don;t know but it will happen. will try and take pics as i go. i figure if i put $$$$ into it Im still ahead.

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

congrats on the find.like i said,if it were me i would have jumped on the deal as soon as i saw or heard about it.actually if it were me and the truck was around here i would have been up an extra blazer in the driveway.i think the 350 would still mount up the same way as whats in there.i bhelieve someone once told me that the six uses the same mounts as the 350 v8.so one less thing to worry about.also 350's are like assholes everybody gots one,so it shouldnt be hard to find one for a decent price that you could possibly rebuild.i checked at autozone and a short block is only 600 dollars with 1 year warrantee i think it was.but it might be best to build it yourself or have someone buildit for you so you get all the components you want. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif