Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of carnage and freebies and a question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Paxx, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Here's the carnage that I had a thread on the other day. I just got around to posting the pic now. [​IMG]

Broke the welds and twisted the pumpkin on the axle tubes /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And here are a couple of pics of the free headman headers I was given. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second pic is a bit of the damage that is on the headers. There is a few more dents like that on them here and there.

I have a question too. Would you run those headers on your truck? I realize that they are not really truck headers but would it be better than the stock manifold in any case?

I have money for an exhaust upgrade and I was thinking that when I do have cash for a set of long tube headers the exhaust could just simply be cut down to fit. What are your thoughts on this guys?

Thnx
    ~Max

2. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

question is will they fit? they can be cut shorter but will they fit around the frame and everything else?

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Measure the headers, looks as if they may fit....There might be a part no. stamped into a flange for reference. Some guys on here run Camaro headers in their stuff if that is what the part no. turns out to be....

Even with a few dings, they will be better than the stock manifolds.

4. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

they are off of a z28. And we figured they would fit when we held them up underneath the truck.

I was mostly just wondering if it would be easy enough to have the exhaust cut down to fit the long tubes afterwards and if it would not hurt performance to have a header that increases top end instead of low end.