Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of Fasttrack top install

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bassplayer4x4, Mar 9, 2002.

1. bassplayer4x4

bassplayer4x4 Registered Member

Anyone have any pics in the gallery of the fastrack top install? The directions completely suck, no idea of which parts are which, they do not match to the bolt holes in my hard top... Also It would seem that you cannot open the doors with the softop up without rolling down the windows first? Or am I just really an idiot. Anyone close to Raleigh NC, who has installed one of these and enjoys beer and watching an idiot drill through his hand is more than welcome at my house...

2. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Check the product reviews section. There is a good write-up there for fast-track on a second gen blazer. Good luck.

3. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Hit me up. Send me a private message, I have a few jpegs and some more photos I haven't scanned yet.

Chris M

4. bassplayer4x4

Thanks, through much trial and error I finished the installation last night. damn near tore the tendons out of my hands stretching the top. They were correct about not installing it when the temp is below 72, I had my propane furnace going hard in my garage last night. It fits well, except around the windows, towards the front. That plastic screw in pieces at the top of the door seems to be in the way of it getting low enough to cover the front of the window. Is that piece necessary? Would fit better if I could remove it. I took lots of pics and thought I would make an album on the site for anyone whose tries this next. Drove pretty well today, no noise. I assume I should also let it "set" in the up position for a few days before taking it down?

I still say the directions suck.

5. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

The directions do suck. My mechanic and I called Speciality and asked what's up with these instructions. He admitted that there are faults with the directions and some adjustments have to be made. We had to do some welding to the roll bar to make it work.
    My main problem is for the price, and the given amount of work, they should have a manual as precise as humanly possible. I, unfortunately was not able to let my top set in 72 degrees or higher for a few days, so I'll have to go through it again. At least I don't have to go through the hell of not having a clue of what the instructions mean.

Chris M

6. bassplayer4x4

Re: Pics of Fasttrack top install -- pics are up

here they are -- special thanks go to Todd - tmanofcali for his pics on the window frames - saved my rump

http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albup67 [/url]

7. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

What gives?? How come I can't access the reader's rig section???

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

It doesn't work with Netscape.. You need to use Internet explorer.. Steve is working on it...Dan