Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of header/front drive shaft clearance

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FL84K5, Oct 1, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Does anybody happen to have pictures of the header clearing the front driveshaft on a stock height Blazer? Also, what brand of headers are in the pic? Thanks

2. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Dont have a pic, but I know the pass header on my truck is much closer to the spring shackle (touching it) than it is to the drive shaft. Oh they are flowtechs.

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I've got unknown brand headers on mine and they only have about an inch of clearance from the driveshaft. Whenever I lock the hubs in the shft hits the headers, and it sounds like the whole exhaust is going to fall off. My mechanic said it's because the springs are sagged, but I don't think thats the problem, I think it's just the headers not fitting properly!

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I got a stock truck with saggy springs and headers....no driveshaft problems with the headers, just the cross over and i had it rerouted when i had it redone this summer. The headers do want to rub on the front pass side shackles though

5. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just installed a set of the Flowtech Afterburners last night. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif They fit perfectly with no clearance problems
    anywhere. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif