Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of Hollister Hills this weekend... (I flopped my junk)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Jan 25, 2004.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Some twisty pics first:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Flopped my K5 onto the passanger side when i was doing some donuts and figure 8's in the mud... Saturday i could spin perfect donuts, and then Sunday it dried up a bit... the truck decided to bite and hook up as i was sliding around sideways. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I didn't get any pics of my k5 when i flipped on its side, cause i was too busy trying to get it back on all 4's. Some dude took a couple pics and i gave him my address so he should mail me the pics this week... Another guy i know that lives a few streets from me said that he got video as my truck was going over.. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Hopefully i can update this thread and post that soon.

Hey kidjethro! Spotted: The elusive Super Swamper sidewall footprint! This one of the 38" tsl variety. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [​IMG]
    The carnage:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The whole passanger side looks a lot different now. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Dented the front and rear fenders pretty good, got the door and the mirror, and cracked my hardtop.
    Also found out that Rockstomper Rockrods aren't that difficult to bend. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That's really amazing that your truck looks that good after a flop. Mine certainly looks much worse.

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Looks like you had fun out there! Thats some really nice character your truck has now! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Kris

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Also found out that Rockstomper Rockrods aren't that difficult to bend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet that diff cover in the front there didn't bend... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah Ryan, that sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hate to see that happen to the first gens /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. Ryan B.

Yah well.. I've spent the last 5 years keeping my truck pretty... Then i got my '67 camaro and realized thats the vehicle to keep super clean as my show car, trucks are meant to be used and abused. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I spent a bunch of money on my 1 ton axle swap and i'm gonna have fun with my truck after i spent all that dough to make it capable! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I kinda cringed when i saw my fenders smashed in, the body was straight but it's not like the fenders were perfect to begin with. I'm gonna have fun with my k5 before i start spending money on the body and paint.
    Each new dent i put in my truck, is the most fun i've had with my k5..

8. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Ryan,I was just going to say how sraight that body was for the amount of wheeling you do!

Ah....how staright that body WAS!

Good job man,now you can REALLY start to abuse that 1st gen. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well..dont getot carried away and please dont hack the fenders lol.. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Ryan B.

[ QUOTE ]
    well..dont get too carried away and please dont hack the fenders lol.. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Hehe.. the fenders got hacked a few months ago when the 1 ton's and 38's went in. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif That was the beginning of the hacking and bashing. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Bashed and hacked rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Ryan B.

[ QUOTE ]

Good job man,now you can REALLY start to abuse that 1st gen. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... it is still my daily driver! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

13. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmmm must have done a pretty good job with it i didnt even notice it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I think you still have less dents than mine...and mine has always landed on all 4 /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I bet your doors still open fine to /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

living next to Ryan sucks!/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Seeing his sick sick modified 72' almost everyday makes me wish i got a 72!
    nice truck, keep up the good work!