Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pic's of K-5 interior of '73 - '77

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cmoe, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at replacing the carpeting in the '74 K-5. I want to see how they look. Where does the front and rear carpeting meet? Does anyone have lower door panels on their doors?

2. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

In my 75 the carpeting for the front section goes up to the area behind the front seats and up the little 5-6" rise to meet the rear floor. It's covered by the aluminum strip that caps the front edge of the rear floor. I dont have a real good picture of it.

I'm actually going to ditch my nasty carpet for spray in bedliner for the hoseability factor and wont have to worry about wet carpet rusting my floor out from the inside.

3. absolute

absolute Registered Member

I'm debating on putting Marine grade carpet in the front of mine...over the "bedliner" that way its washable with a hose! its just a brainstorm idea at the moment

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Is there a way you can get me some pic's .... I'm thinking about doing a roll on bedline and then putting the carpeting over the top....

5. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

I put new carpet in my k-5, Got it at A1auto.com

I must say I was very impressed with the quality of the carpet, most carpet kinda fits, but this fits really good, and it matched the color PERFECTLY, which was a big deal to me, I loved the original color of the carpet. I think it was around 210.00 for a blazer. Includes front section, rear section, wheel wells, and side panels right behind the seat.

6. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've got one, but its from when I installed the 02 Silverado seats. Should show the detail you need. This is looking straight down at the area behind the driver's side seat. You can see the aluminum trim that covers the corner to the leading edge of the cargo floor area. (the seat's not crooked just my point of view with the camera)

[​IMG]

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

thats great I just wanted to see if the alum strips is on top and that I have all the alum strips that I need.