Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of Lift

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigslok5, Sep 23, 2003.

1. bigslok5

bigslok5 Registered Member

Can anyone post some pics of a first gen K5 with a 4" lift and 35" tires? Wondering if I can do this without trimming the fenders. Maybe just the fangs up front? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I'll send you some pics of my 72 along with the tires /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

"Rough and Ready", that is an actual city! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ARQ.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

There are some pic's of my truck in my webshots in my sig.
    I have 4" of lift and 36" tires. Most people like the rear to be a bit higher than the front...my tail sags a bit. I think you might be find with 4" front springs, trimmed "fangs", 4" shackle flip in the rear (or springs) and a set of 1" zero-rates to move the axle back some and get a bit more lift in the rear.

BTW with all the trimming and moving of the axle I have done my rear tires still rub! My front tires rub in the back but it isn't trimmed yet (and I have no travel up front because of the 4" rancho's).