Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of Mud Ride! In Gulfport, MS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NOT4SHW, Sep 16, 2002.

1. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Just letting everyone know that we're going to ride September 29 in Gulfport, MS. If you're interested in some details See: www.gulfcoast4x4s.com/september29 NOTE: The location is subject to change in the next day or so. Please check back by this Friday if your intersted! We may have a new better location that is private land! Thanks!

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Re: Mud Ride! In Gulfport, MS

I would love to go!! I have seen some of the goo there! but I can't! maybe next year I'll make the trip!

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Hey bablazer73, by chance were you at the Flying J truck stop in Gulfport this summer when several of us were loading up on trailers after a ride? I met a guy at the truck stop (he owned a Blazer) that drove an 18 wheeler from NY, he said one day he'd try to come back with his truck - was it you?

4. bablazer73

Why YES...... Yes I was!! I am still in awe of what I saw and talk about it all the time!! we just have that kind of goo up here!!

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Small world or what!

6. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Man that's too cool! I organized that ride as well! Hopefully one day you will make it down with your blazer!

7. bablazer73

and you thought I was just some "wanna be" truck driver talkin outa my ass!! didn't yah!!

8. nvrenuf

No I knew you weren't a wanna be because you knew too much and were right about it! You actually talked to my buddy most of the time (Tom, he owned the Dodge diesel that was pulling my truck), you and I only talked for a few minutes. It's too bad that we didn't meet earlier in the day so you could have gone with one of us.

Are you coming back this way (Gulfport, Mobile, Pensacola) any time soon? If you are send me an email and we can get together for a ride, dinner, whatever. If you don't have your truck we'll find you a seat.

A small world is a cool thing! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. bablazer73

not for awile!! I quit as a long haul driver. Never had time to work on my truck... oh, and see the wife! I took a local job. a nice 4 day work week. Plenty of time to finish truck. I do plan on taking some vacation time and bringing truck "around the world" but we will see what happens. You guys are On the list!! I gotta catch up with bowtieblazer and wheel around with him when I am there agian.

10. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

hey well i wont make it this year, however if i end up going to Ole Miss, then i prob will become a member of the club. we will see in about 3-6 months when i see if i get in, i just turned in my app.

11. nvrenuf

ttt

Just want to be sure everyone got to see this.
    Thanks

12. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Me and Bigjbear will be in Biloxi MS. in the morning(SEPT 19) to pick up some trucks. We will be headed to Camp Shelby in a F350 Crew cab white.

13. nvrenuf

We're all meeting in Gulfport which is about 20-25 minutes west of Biloxi. How long will you be around? Want to ride? I'm sure we'll have some open seats somewhere if you want.

Is the F350 4wd? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

14. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

We are leaving here (Atlanta) in a few minutes and plant to be there around 8:00am. We will be going to pick up the M1008's we bought /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Need any parts before we leave?

15. nvrenuf

Boy did I do a double-take on your last response, I obviously can't read! For a while I thought y'all might come and hang out for the 4 wheeling. I saw Sept 19 but thought Sept 29, the day of our ride - DUH!

Obiously I've had too much Nestle's Quik tonight! I think the chocolate is getting to me! The ride offer still stands if you happen to be in this area again.

BTW - if the load is too big, you're welcome to store the D60's in my garage. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I don't make this type of offer to just anyone now, this is special just for you. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Man you'll be passing with in 1/2 mile of my house and about 3 miles from where we'll be riding next weekend! Sounds like you've made a good score on the M1008 and I'm willing to handle anything that you can't fit! You know axles, transmissions, transfer cases, etc... Good luck!

17. Big10

Big10 Registered Member

Man, I would like to go too! I'm about 5 hours east (valdosta, ga) If I had my truck in shape i would! Maybe next year. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

18. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

19. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

20. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Thanks! When are you gonna come and ride with us? Teddy just left my house headed back to Morgan City. He came over here to avoid the hurricane.