Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of my 1979 GMC K35 Parts truck!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RootBreaker, Aug 15, 2003.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Well i finally got over there... I took pics of my new $500 parts truck..... tell me what you think...

why does it seem that the leafs are so sraight.. there is no arc to them.. i think it has a 3" body lift and supposedly 4-6" suspension lift....
    dunno..... but she be ridin on 37's
    http://68.45.114.100/parts_truck/

edited to add this:
    1. is that a d60? just makin sure.. dual stabalizers are in the way...

2. why is there a gap in the middle of that tube bumper? does it seem that there is something missing? the tube bumper bolts together.. im gonna sand it and weld it together.... that is why it v's in in the center.. the bolts are loose that hold the tubes together.....

3. hubs said dynamax or something like that... you turn the entire hub (forgot to take pic).....anyone know about them?

im going to try and get it monday... his yard dried up..... this truck was supposedly maintained by a motor head.. so im hopin he put 4.56's or 4.88's in it...
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

That's a 60 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Nice score

It has lift springs for sure. Looks like a 3" body lift also.
    What does it have for an engine? My dads truck has a 454 and the 4 inch lift springs are almost flat like that.

4. RootBreaker

305/turbo 350/np203 all goin to the junkyard with the frame... they gotta get something to take it for free!!!!

how big of a lift does it look? i figure 3" body.. but the leafs look dayum straight!!!!

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I'd say 4.... but it is sagging some too

6. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

Nice score, as was stated, it is a D60. It looks to be missing the 2 5/8 thread bolts on the passenger side spring plate. Also, the drivers side spring hanger (front of truck) looks odd, like there is an extra spacer in between the spring eye and the hanger. Wonder if that's a dodge d60 ??? either way, thats a great foundation for a great truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. RootBreaker

what 2 bolts look like they are missin? i dont see it... hmmm

i thought the driverside spring looked goofy too... but im not scrappin the parts truck until the d60 is under my truck... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The missing bolts are the 2 on the inboard side of the passenger side u-bolt plate. Look at the housing and see if they are simply missing or if they're broke off. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The drivers side spring looks like the bushing has died allowing the spring eye to shift over, new bushings would most likely fix that.

9. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    The missing bolts are the 2 on the inboard side of the passenger side u-bolt plate. Look at the housing and see if they are simply missing or if they're broke off. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The drivers side spring looks like the bushing has died allowing the spring eye to shift over, new bushings would most likely fix that.

[/ QUOTE ]
    i'll have to check that when i get the truck....

im not worried bout the bushings.. im not using the leafs.... gonna have my front lowered 4" or just look for 8" front leafs... i got 12" now and that truck supposedly has 3-4" front leafs... but they look flat to me!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

nice scrore!! ganna part it out!!? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My 1 ton 4 by has stock leaves and they're flat, no negative arch. They're 4 leaf units, which I've never seen stock on anything.

Nice truck! 305 in a 1 ton? How sad!!

12. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]

Nice truck! 305 in a 1 ton? How sad!!

[/ QUOTE ]

dufus that put the 305 in was the guy that bought the truck with a blown motor.... i wanted to smack him

also look in the pics and you can see a 350 sittin in the back of the truck... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    nice scrore!! ganna part it out!!? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

umm after i take what i am going to not much is gonna be left... unless you wanna buy the leftovers and bring down a flatbed? there will be motor/trans/xfer case/driveshafts left over....
    im taking d60/14bolt
    radiator
    front bumper
    rollbar
    seat
    dash cover
    tach/guage cluster and cover
    dual tanks, wiring and switch
    headers and exhaust (fairly new)

but the frame will have a lot left on it also with the 3" body lift... body is pretty shot.... but hey... lemme know...