Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of my 88k5 re-build!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudfreak, May 9, 2002.

1. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

2. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Yikes. I did the same thing you are doing last summer. Man what a pain. I didnt have to replace as much floor, but did do the rockers, fenders, doors, box sides, rear floor, tail pan, tail gate, ect..... One of the hardest parts was making pieces to repair behind the front seats. It looks like you have been having "fun" there too. If you have any questions let me know. I might be able to help you out.

3. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

Thanks man I'll keep you in mind if I get stumped. Am fabbing the rear cabfloor section as one whole piece from the driverside to the Passengerside. Should be interesting, Also I have a buddy who is giving me a set of 3/4 ton rears front d44 and a 14bolt off of a 85' chevy truck. WHoooo hooooo! I can't wait to swap em in.

4. racercrazy

racercrazy 1/2 ton status

LMC has the rear floor sections now. I just put them in my 89 and they worked great.

5. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

I actually purchased the entire rear floor section with the post supports and the channel for the tailgate from GMPARTSDIRECT.COM fits perfect. Can't seem to find the area behind the driver and pass seats. So I'm going to have to fab them,