Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of my burb...check it out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by heavy4x4, Nov 4, 2002.

1. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I finally got some pictures of my truck on the Internet. Access them through my signature.
    (Sorry about the quality...they are digital pictures of pictures. Yes, I took pictures of photo prints with a digital camera, and that is what you're seeing)
    Hopefully I'll be able to add some more/ better pics shortly.
    Tell me what you think. Thanks.

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

not bad at all! love that paint!! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

sharp rig! i gatta get me one some day...after i get my k5 biult that is...lol

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Nice Burb !
    Bill

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks, eveybody, for the kind comments.

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Very Cool!!! Looks good! My plan is much like yours is. I just need the cash! I think I'm gonna build a replica of the Burb in Dante's Peak...

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good plan. That would be sweet.

8. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Sweet lookin burb. What brand plow is that? Can't tell from the pic. Looks like a 7.5' sno-way???? Nice looking anyways.

Where do ya go wheeling around you? Closest place I have found is Pipeline up in Oconto County (Nicolet national forest.)

9. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Western 7'. Almost chopped off my toes last fall, hooking it up and adjusting the cables. Pulled on the cable and the blade dropped from 2' up, landing 2" from my toes. Not cool.

Where do I go wheeling around my area? Answer to that is nowhere - because there is squat for offroad areas in S.E. Wisconsin. Every fall I make numerous trips up to the Marinette area to go hunting, and my truck sees mud and off-roading then. Also have ventured into the Pipeline a bit on the way there a couple times, but not as much as I'd like to. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about getting a plow for winter. Do you remember how much it set you back? Cheapest i can find used is around a grand.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Answer to that is nowhere - because there is squat for offroad areas in S.E. Wisconsin.

[/ QUOTE ]
    No kidding! I keep asking people, hoping that by some act of nature (or chainsaw /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) there is some hole in the woods that few people knew about. Guess not. Give me a shout if you are planning on going up to pipeline sometime.

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Will do.

About the plow cost...I don't have the slightest clue. My dad bought the plow new for his '86 suburban back in '86. Then, he bought my '90 in '92 and had the mount and system switched over. So, even if I did know what he spent, it would be a little out of date. $1000 for used doesn't sound too bad. I think that cheap see-through blizzard stuff is like $1600 for the system. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

12. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

13. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Looks like you've got bumpers, why do you need new ones. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If you truly need (read: really want) new bumpers, there's no better way to go than custom made. You can choose your own design and keep cost a lot lower than aftermarket bumpers.

Sweet burb. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Looks like you tackled a much bigger project than I did, so what's the big deal about making two measley bumpers? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif