Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of my half done lift upgrade

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pvfjr, May 3, 2005.

1. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I finally ripped out those ancient 4" springs that were in the bed of my truck when I bought it. I installed them back then, cause I had no money. That thing rode HARD, and bucked like a bronco (the animal not the ford). Anyway, I got my 6" Tuff Country's in the front, and they are awesome! I don't even have shocks yet, but I can really feel the difference. I'm really having fun driving over curbs... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

And yes, I know my steering arm is for a 4" lift, and yes my draglink isn't level now, and yes I have bumpsteer. But its not bad, just gotta roll with it. Besides, I have other plans brewing for the steering.
    [​IMG]

Now I just gotta swap out the old busted 52's...
    [​IMG]

I'll do the homemade shackle flip with my new springs, with the removal of what looks like an add a leaf and the upside down addition of my old overloads. I'll also swap the 4" block in favor of a 3" block, for 7" in the formerly saggy rear. Then I should be sitting level and ready for memorial day. :D
    [​IMG]

2. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Looks good, with the 6" are you having to make any driveline modifications? And what made you go with Tuff Countrys instead of BDS or something else? It looks great so far! Gotta love :truck:

3. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

I have had my TC's for 3 years love em :blush:

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well, I got them for $242 shipped, and couldn't find any place to get BDS for that price, so I went for it. No time for fooling around, Memorial day is coming! :D

As for the driveline, yes I had to unscrew that weird little nut that holds the slip yoke together so that I could get some more travel out of it.... :crazy:

We'll see what I have to do about that later.

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

actually the 4" raised steering arm is reccomended for 4-6" lifts. i think its fine.

BTW nice looking truck. looks tuff :waytogo:

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Good to know. It's got a little bumpsteer now that wasn't there earlier, but it's very slight. Thanks for the compliments, gotta get rid of all that chrome on the front though, to make it a little tougher. :cool1: