Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of my K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Magnus88, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Magnus88

Magnus88 Registered Member

Here are some pics of my project so far. I got it last september and have been working on it since then. I recently reassembeled it. I have not done to many mods so far. It has mostly been about learning to work on the truck and maitnance. I have changed all fluids including the axles exept for the TH700. I'm still not certain of if i should do that since i'm not sure when it was changed last time.
    I have sanded down the old paint and welded in new metal where needed. The current paint is rolled on with a paint roller, but i think the result was pretty ok.

It has got a 3" Black Diamond bodylift and 35" General Grabber MT tyres.
    Comming mods are dual 3" exhaust, tube bumpers and manual hubs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please tell me what you think about it...

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I can't see your pics... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Never hurts to change the tranny fluid...but it is kind of a pain...no pun intended! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Magnus88

I think the server hosting the pics is too buissy... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I read a thread some time ago where someone claimed that changing the tranny fluid could actually hurt more than it did good, if the old fluid was ok (not burnt). The new fluid could help freeing clogged up dirt that would get stuck where its not supposed to... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Dont know if its true, but i thought i'd try to find out for sure first. I will change the filter either way.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

nice truck! if you dont know when the last time the trany was changed..change it to be on the safe side..its easy to if ya dont mind getting tranny fluid down ur arm /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Cool, I see the stickers made their way to Sweden. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

** You can cut and paste the link into the address bar to view the pics.

6. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have sanded down the old paint and welded in new metal where needed. The current paint is rolled on with a paint roller, but i think the result was pretty ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice paint job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    It has got a 3" Black Diamond bodylift and 35" General Grabber MT tyres.
    Comming mods are dual 3" exhaust, tube bumpers and manual hubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you drive with those tyres all year round?Do you get much snow there in winter time?
    I'm considering Goodyear Wrangler MT/R tyres,but they might be little bit slippy on icy roads.Guess I have to get another set of wheels and mount my current BFG A/T's on those in case it gets really slippy here /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. Magnus88

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
    Cool, I see the stickers made their way to Sweden

[/ QUOTE ]
    They sure did. Both times. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was surprised of how fast they got here. I think it took about 1 week from the day i ordered.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
    Do you drive with those tyres all year round?Do you get much snow there in winter time?

[/ QUOTE ]
    This coming winter will be the first on with the new tires on, so i cant really give any rewievs. We can get quite a bit of snow from time to time and i think these tires will do a lot better than the old bald Cooper Discover AT's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you all for your feedback! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

CK5 ROCKS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Hej Magnus, en hilsen fra en Dansker i Mexico. Din K5 ser godt ud.

Sorry everybody about the language, it's not that often somebody from Scandinavia posts here so I had to send a greeting. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Magnus88

Hehe... Det danska riket sträcker sig längre än vad man tror /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Drick inte för mycket Corona! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I almost understood what you said.After all,I did study swedish in school for 6 years.But didn't need it ever since,nobody speaks it here near the Russian border.

11. xswede

xswede Registered Member

Då testar vi lite svenska då... snygg Blazer. Var bor du? Jag bor i Upplands Väsby!

"Let's speak Swedish then... nice Blazer. Where do you live? I live in Upplands Väsby (Stockholm)".
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Danjel Södervall

12. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Cool, a Scandinavian K5 conspiracy, pure Viking Power! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif