Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PICs of my new 1st Gen

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mcne2026, Dec 13, 2006.

1. mcne2026

mcne2026 Registered Member

Got a new toy a week ago. Had to get new rims, tires and a detail before I could post pics. Finished it up today, so here they are. It is a '72 K5 Blazer in the original GM Orange. Has a GM 350 Crate motor and a new Turbo 350 Tranny. The exterior has a fresh paint job and the interior and jambs are being painted next week. I am replacing all the trim parts, handles, knobs, bezels, etc... It has new American Racing 16x8 Rims and 32" Mud Tires. It is getting a 4" all spring lift right after the new year. Should like nice with the moderate lift and 35" tires.

This new addition completes the fleet. I now have all 3 Gens of the Big Blazer. '72, '75 and '85 are all now in the driveway. The '85 is almost done and PICs will follow soon. The '75 is a BIG project and will be a year or two before it is done. It is getting a Stroker Motor, TH400 Tranny and a Tube Chasis. It will be the ultimate trail rig with a long travel suspension.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice, very nice!:wink1:

3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

That's a beauty! You've got a trifecta going on.

4. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

very nice rig. Mine was originally orange as well, every now and then i find an area where i can prove it too. My crummy green is starting to peel in places. I really hadn't thought about putting back to orange, but now that i see yours i may consider it.
    I just dont know about orange and my black top. I really want a white top.

5. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Wow...that thing is sweet! Good score.

6. mcne2026

I think you are right about the black top. Orange needs a white top. I was a little worried about my black rims. I did not want it to look like Haloween. That is why I went with the rims that had some chrome in them as well, it broke up the black a little. I have a white soft top for it that I need to get around to installing. I spent over $2k at American Classic and LMC for all the trim and accessories. I really want it to look brand new when I am done.

I was not sure about the Orange when I first saw the pics. I had to go see it twice before I decided to take it. But I found out it grows on you and Orange does turn some heads when cruising down the road.

7. mcne2026

Thanks Rob. Sorry we did not hook up last week. Work keeps getting in the way. I got the '85 lifted this week, but if you are still interested in helping with a little project, I could use a hand getting the soft top installed.

We finally got some rain and it created some really nice mud. Not real soupy, but it was still a lot of fun. I am always amazed at how much fun I have just taking 10 minutes and making a few mud runs across the field. I am easily ammused I guess. I spent no more than 10 minutes running the mud and it tooks me 4 hours to get it all off the '85. Still worth it.

Hope the wheelin trip you guys took last weekend went well. I am going to SF this weekend for my BDay and then comes Christmas and then New Years. If you want to come up New Years weekend or the following and work on the soft top and hit the mud a little. Let me know.

8. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Very, Very, Clean :bow: :bow: !!

9. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i love the black rims on the orange, makes me wana do mine in orange!

10. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

mine actually came from the factory with orange paint and one of the options on my glove box sticker was black top. yuk. I think my rig was originally ordered by the oregon state beavers as there maskot :D

11. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

After taking a second look; I have to say it really belongs in your formal living room! Move that grande piano out to the garage :bow: :bow: !!

12. mcne2026

Where you at in Boise? I have some land in Wilderness Ranch. It is about half way to Idaho City on the 21.

13. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

SWEET, I miss mine so much, can't wait to buy another one.

14. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Hey dude! Long time no hear! I joined here just before you parted out yours. Man, I could have used a lot parts from your rig :D .

15. greythorn3

greythorn3 1/2 ton status

NICE very NICE

That is the best looking one ive seen in years and that orange is GREAT!

Ray

16. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

Seeing rigs like those make me want to keep going on fixing up mine. I get discouraged from time to time with it (I never have the time or the place to work on it) but that look is what I want when I am done with mine. I love it.

Nice rig.