Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of my new 454 and a question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bajaviking, Feb 16, 2004.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Check my webshots for the pics of the new fofittyfo. Also, can someone tell me how much oil you put in a 91 454 engine.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Sweet mod. So tell us more about it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

How hard was it?

Were ya able to transplant everything including the harness and computer?

How much did it run you?

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You put oil in until it registers "full" on the dipstick. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Sorry Bubba I am running it with my old trusty q-jet and it works great. I touch the gas and it takes of nice and smooth, I step on it and it really pulls hard, I am very pleased and I have no regrets.
    I am asking about the oil because I got the 454 with no dipstick on it and had to put an aftermarket dipstick from PEP boys on it, it should be for big block chevys but I wasn't sure if it was correct or not. I put 6 quarts in it and it reads at the lower limit, according to others here on the board the 454 takes 7 quarts so I guess the dipstick is correct. I will add another quart. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif