Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of my new car

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Feb 2, 2004.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not perfect but a good driver with a lot of TLC required...

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Nice score /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Read in the other post just dropping a 305 in it, would make a nice driver. Nice thing about 2nd gens is there are tons of aftermarket parts available for real cheap /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Corvette summer, here we come...Slap on some N50s and some air shocks and we'll go cruise the mall...
    Cool car dude, reminds me of the 77 I had in between Chevelles. Lots of good memories in that car.........
    If all else fails, I've still got that 305 that you brought me from COCHEV. Its all there with a little assembly. Yours if you want it. Let me know when you're going to be down. Dude payed me for those headers. Of course I spent it, but I'll have cash for you.
    T-roy
    T-roy

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

If ya come on by to pick up that 305 I will take ya over to a guys house that has a 75 Camaro that he was going to be parting out. The body is shot to hell but some of the interior is good and it has a Saginaw 4 speed and a 10 bolt rear with 3:08's in it. Oh and it has a 383 in it, 2.02 heads, forged crank bla bla bla. That was built in 1980. 500K on it but you can have it sleeved. $600 takes the whole rig.

6. kennyw

What color was the interior? I am not interested in another complete car but may be interested in some interior parts for now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine might have some extra parts laying around from his camero.Let me know whatyu need and I'll see if he has it.

8. kennyw

The main things I need are carpet, headliner and sunvisors (preferably tan). I may also need all the screws that hold up the headliner trim.

Other than that I may need some accessory brackets for the motor depending on how complete the motor is I am getting this weekend.

9. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

The interior is brown but not much is salvageable. the dash is in amazingly good condition though as is the console.
    After looking at it again the only other things salvageable is the drive train. Another victim of I'm gonna do something with it someday.
    The 305 has all the tin and I will toss in the Ebrock intake as well.
    It is an older stock replacement manifold, the alt mount is there and I believe I have another power steering bracket kickin around here somewhere. As for exhaust manifolds I have those as well if you need them. The distributor and carb you will have to supply.

10. kennyw

I have an HEI distributor and rebuild Q-jet laying around and a friend offered me some headers to put in the car. Sounds like I am going to have everything I need to make the car run /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. JDBlazer454

Hey does the 75 Camaro still run? I am currently on the market for something my husband can drive as his little Honda is dying a slow painful death, willing to do a little work, but I gotta keep him out of the blazer. He is hard on cars and every 6 months he needs a new one /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

kenny if all you need is carpet and headliner that stuff is real cheap buying it new, $80 for carpet on ebay, $45 for headliner on ebay, check out www.nastyz28.com message board's swap meet area for some parts. Those guys over there are the 2nd gen guru's for parts /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

12. kennyw

Thanks for the help, I've been watching the stuff on ebay for interior parts. Just want to put what little money I have into getting it running over making it purdy /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Just have to be careful with the ebay stuff, sometimes it looks cheap but after you pay the high shipping rates you end up paying more than some catalogs for the same part.

13. JDBlazer454

I know what you mean. Our 70 still has yet to get carpet and a headliner in it after 18 months /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif We have been focusing on getting it running right first also and now doing a full restify on it with a Lt1 drivetrain and 4th gen interior, should be kewl when done. Interior is always the last thing I do or worry about but I am always looking at swap meets or drooling over catalogs. If I run across any stuff I will let you know.

14. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Sadly the car is just about a complete loss, the winsheild pillars are rotted out and the cowl and well the entire car realy. The sapling growing out of the windsheild was a pretty good indicator that it was to far gone to do anything with. A crying shame realy, from what I heard it was in great shape when parked nearly 10 years ago. The engine was just getting a lil tired.
    I've seen more old muscle cars rotting in feilds than I care to think about.
    And the story is nearly always the same.
    I plan on doing something with it someday. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. JDBlazer454

Thats too bad, thanks anyhow. I hate seeing that happen my landlord is one of those people too and has a wonderful '62 Bel Air he bought planning on doing something with and for the last 2 years has been sitting collecting pine needles and now a branch pile on its hood. He has about 4 other cars that are in the same shape and everyday I look and sigh and everytime he claims he will do something with them, Yea Riiiiiiight!!!!