Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of my new exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FRIZZLEFRY, Jun 16, 2002.

1. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Just tought I would share /forums/images/icons/grin.gif The shop did a great job.When I dropped it off I told him that I wanted every thing tucked up as high as he could and to run it all the way to the back.

Pic 1
    Pis 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4

My only bitch about the whole setup is that its too quiet /forums/images/icons/grin.gif It sounds cool but having so much pipe after the 2 chambers realy tones them down.

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Looks good....Does it get warm on your feet...Dan

3. FRIZZLEFRY

Nope,its not real close to the floor up front so I dont cook.Iv seen some headers that were way closer to the floor.....

...you smell somthin burnin....oh,thats my shoes /forums/images/icons/grin.gif My 68 Mustang was like that with Pro Comp Hookers and no int.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

My dads Jeep is that way..Actually we had to pound in the floor pan to get them to fit... If you wear soft rubber shoes they get stuck ...LOL

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I have a feeling the exhaust will get louder with weeks to come. When you add all new or any new piping to exhaust it has to go through a sort of break in period where deposits will acumulate where ever and everything sort of sets into place. When I first installed my two chamber although it had already been run on another truck for a few months sounded much different when I first put pipes on it...and today it sounds much different thanit did the day the pipes were first put on. Make sense? Looks nice! I am doing my exhaust in the next week or two finally that gives me some ideas.

6. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Got one of Jesse's One Ton slip yoke CV's on there I see /forums/images/icons/grin.gif. That exhaust routing looks good /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

that looks nice...I wanted to have mine exit like that, but couldn't figure out a way to do it.

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My exhaust is routed exactly like that except my tailpipes turn out towards the side of the truck at about an 80 degree angle from behind the shackle hanger. I also have 2 chamber flows and headers and I agree with that much pipe it is very quiet for the type of mufflers I have.
    I had a shorter version of duals before with 3 chamber flow's and it was actually louder...the 3 1/2" tips probably had a lot to do with that.

Rene

9. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

yeah I have 3 1/2 inch echo tips which probably make a difference

10. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

So fresh & so clean....

11. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

85mouse wrote "So fresh & so clean...." That's till he get to holister for Blazer Fest Then....... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I just dropped mine off to have the exhaust hung, If i may ask how much did they charge ya? just currious.

13. FRIZZLEFRY

The sound is changing a little already.Its sounding better.The guy who did it does alot of street rods and custom stuff so this was easy stuff for him to get it all tucked up in there.

Dunno how long its gonna stay looking pretty,guess it all depends on how much mud is in the tank trap /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Duke,for 1 muffler and all new pipe it was $375.The one Flowmaster that was already on the truck was still in good shape so we reused it .Thats why I only bought 1 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif