Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PICS of my new Front/Rear BUMPERS!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badmix, Sep 1, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Sadly this ordeal was a big abortion from the start (read -"worst customer service thread" in here). Anyways, instead of cluttering up that 3page thead Id jus do one on the bumpers installed, etc. Anyways, after some reconstructive surgery by the 4x4 shop, he got the bumpers to mount up and fit and actually look 1/2 decent. Once I got the Blazer home, it was time to add the finishing touches, like license plate bracket and light, spare tire, off road lights, wire thewinch, install hi lift jack and CB antenna.

The holes for the lights and antenna were too small, so I had to redrill them, no biggie. But the Hi light jack bolts (welded to brackets) were about 1/4 or less off. Jus enuff for the jack to not mount, well a big 6lb hammer fixed that. Now the jack is snug as a bug. lol. Anyways, on with the pics. they are self explanatory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

Looks good, where were the bumpers from? Just overall bad quality building or? Very nice truck though! I think this is gonna make me build my bumpers insted of buying them, because i'm sure you payed alot and expected them to fit!

3. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Sadly I didnt research the company that made them , otherwise there is no way I wouldve went with them, but it was Kennesaw mtn accessories.

1) poor customer service

2) lied about lead times and freight pick up

3) Poor fit, was suppose to be bolt on, far from it

4) Hi lift bolts didnt line up

5) forgot part of my order

6) Blamed my bone stock never been tampered with blazer on their bumper not lining up, I had to chuckle and roll my eyes at this one.

IMO, Build your own, youll be far ahead of the game.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I like 'em...................and I ain't gonna hit ya head-on............I promise!!! :D

5. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

do you happen to live in florida, around daytona bc area? youve got a realy realy clean k5. i realy like yer bumpers!

6. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Im in Florida but on the other coast. In in Pinellas county, that pic is the tampa bay intercoastal water ways. Pretty cool being able to ride on the beach. At nite there is a parking area where all the fast and furious types hang out and race across the 4 mile long bridge.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The front one looks great. I've never been a huge fan of their rears. Nice looking Blazer.

8. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

yeah I consider the back one all business, but wanted to make sure the front had an aggresive style to it. :D

9. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

k, i live in chuluota. Orlandoish area, adn the pic with the smoke stacks in the background looked familiar.

10. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

ah, I see.

We are actually planning a ride in Citrus this weekend, probably sunday.

Dunno where to get the word out on this site. Ive got limited access, til someone donates a membership, I mean when I buy one. lol

11. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

mmm I worked at St. Pete Airport During Desert storm as well as patrol work for a company called MECA in Largo.... LOL small world. Loved old 19 hated Big 19 so did get that bridge built over by the Kapok tree?

12. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Looks good Die-tryin :D

13. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

LoL..Thanks.

either ya looked at the properties or ya know me from another board where I use that nick. :D

14. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

No pics of the mods that had to be done to make them fit?

15. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Not really, there would be no way to take them. I can try and get a generic pic. But they had to cut 1/4 of metal off the TOP Flat portion of the bumper, its the part that goes against the body. This was the front bumper.

The rear bumper, you have to cut off 3-4" of frame to get it to go snug. I knew this goin into this project, but they dont give any templates or instructions. Luckily the 4x4 shop is pretty good at fabricating and was able to get it lined up etc.

I tried to talk him into building me bumpers, but he didnt wanna do it, so I was stuck ordering from these idiots at KMA. I found DIY4x4.com after the fact, if not for the bumpers already being built, I woudlve went with them, I like their rear design better. Oh well. Live and learn, alll I gotta say is RESEARCH a company as best as possible b4 taking the plundge.

16. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

look good