Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of my new hotrod

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big Muddy K20, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Big Muddy K20

Big Muddy K20 Registered Member

webshots page
    I traded a gutted non running blazer and a set of boggers for this truck, it's sporting a new 383 and when I say slammed I mean riding the bump stops slammed. I'll tell ya though this thing is fast especially after driving a lifted long bed k20 around for so long. this thing flat hauls ass even with crappy 3.08's (soon to be replace with 3.73's and a spool).

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Damn...that thing is on the ground /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . How was it lowered?

3. Big Muddy K20

Big Muddy K20 Registered Member

some time ago long before I got the truck someone cut a few coils out of the front springs. it rides like crap lemme tell ya...bell tech springs and drop spindles are on the way. it sits about 7 inches lower than stock now with the cut springs, with the lowering springs (1-2" drop) and the spindles (3"drop) it should sit about level which will look alot better than it does now, not to mention ride way better too.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just don't get the whole lowered truck thing. But if I was going to do it, I think a tubed rear end would be in order. Narrowed rear axle, 4 link rear suspension, and some major meats tucked up under there !!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif