Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of my new Project(Toy) 69 K5

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DJs69K5, Mar 7, 2002.

1. DJs69K5

DJs69K5 Registered Member

North Kansas City, MO...in the Heart of the best c
    Finally got the pics up. Greg72...take a look at the grill, ya I think your is in better shap. Its seen better days. Going to be a heck off alot of work. Better get started!! http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albup54

2. wrath

wrath 1/2 ton status

Nice looking project you got!! whats the plans for it?
    Good luck and keep us posted..

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I think you're right about the grill......it was worth asking tho'...

Looks cool to me, give it a good "top to bottom" cleaning and then assess what you've got. Interior looks like they borrowed stuff from a few different years.....door panel appear to be '72 style...?

I am envious of that pristine radio opening in the dash! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. DJs69K5

OH ya its going to be fun!!! Ya accually Greg its got one door panel from a 72 and one from a 69, so guess you can say its about 50% original. I just dunno if Ill put A/C back in it. If thats the case Ill get an older dash to get rid of the vent holes. but beleive me thats a long way of thinking of that!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Just my 2 cents. First of all thats a sweet truck. I have a 69 with the same grill. I know mine was the original on the truck. One old guy owned it and never touched a thing. It still had the original shocks on it for gods sake. The door panel is different than mine, but mines a CST and Ia'm not sure about yours. Also your center console is a little different.

just thought i'd add that in

nathan

6. DJs69K5

Ya I thought I would take a guess on the console...looked like the same one in Chevy Heavy Duty, but Ive never worked on a K5, just P/U from 67 to 72. But ya the Door pans are not 69. Also a CST but like I said I dont know if all thats going to matter when Im done!!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

the CST started out mattering , but it gets less and less as the project goes along. I think i'm gonna leave the emblems though.

nathan

8. DJs69K5

Well Im either one way or the other, one way...you leave the CST, the K/5 Blazer and all the original bezels, if not replace them...either bring it back to as original as you can or not at all...Shave the marker lights, take off all lettering, and roll pan it!!!! My father is an original type of man. Me, I dont know, whatever looks good to me, either way the cost is about the same. Either spend $ on restoring or spend it on custom. Resale makes no difference to me Ill probabally end up driving it till it dies...totally. So it can say CST on the title and 69, but you never know sometimes buy looking at em!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I agree about the resale. Drive it till it dies, give it a shoy of adrenalin and drive it some more. Mine is my daily driver so I'm not gonna butcher it up too much. As for full roll cage thats out the window here in rockless louisiana. I am gonna put a roll bar just in case i accidently roll it on the highway or something. not that it would help it just makes me fill better.

nathan