Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of my np205 all dressed up

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mike reeh, Feb 27, 2002.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

check out my before & after pics...

it was originally mated to a SM465 in the parts truck I bought (77 shortbed K10)... I found a wrecked/damage np205 that was mated to a th350 (which is what Im going to run) laying in a friends garage.. I snaked the adapter, input gear, and input shaft coupler.... threw some paint on it and replaced all seals & gaskets.. looks pretty good I think.. the blue looks better in person, for what its worth... let me know what you think!

<a target="_blank" href=http://lagparty.org/~mike/np205.jpg>NP205</a>

good day
    -mike

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I like it!
    where did you get all the seals?

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I think that is the same color my buddy has his tranny (SM420) painted in his 66 chevy pickup. It does look pretty sweet in person too. I like the color. One day, when I have to rip out my drivetrain I am going to paint it pretty colors too. The nice thing about the paint my buddy has on his is it cleans up real easy after it gets greasy, and it still looks good.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

looks sharp..mines in the process of going to "cast grey". Did you clear coat the aluminum or just bare? I like the contrast between the blue, grey and the aluminum.

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

5. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think it looks great! I also have a bad habit of painting parts before I put them back in. I generally prefer GM blue for my parts. That looks kind of like mopar blue to me.[​IMG]

Mike.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/search.php?searchstring=heavymetal>pics</a>

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

lookin good

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

7. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Looks beautiful! What did you use to clean and prep it?

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers 14Bolt/ Dana44 4.10's
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle</a>

8. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

ditto, fill us in on the cleaning, prep, and kind of paint

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

9. Mobile_Mechanic

Mobile_Mechanic Registered Member

I got my gasket kit from Fel Pro. Set # TS80324. Forgot the price though. Does not include the output shaft seals.

'84 K30, 6" suspension, 3"body, 350, 350, NP205
    D60, 14 FF W/Detroit, 4.56 Gears, 35" Ground Hawgs

10. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

So what are you doing with the 465? Where are you located. I have been trying to find a parts truck that I can lift a 465, 205, and all the clutch mechanicals out of, but no luck yet.

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>

11. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Looks good Mike
    I was thinking about doing mine up but with Chevy orange.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Nope, I would be willing to bet money it is Pontiac Engine Blue! Back me up Desert Dueler, Emmet and other Pontiac fans!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

13. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

reddog: I bought a seal &amp; gasket kit for $20 at a transmission supply warehouse.. kragens/napa wanted $60 for the felpro one! this place even had it in stock...

55willy: just cleaned up the aluminum, no clearcoat...

savage1: pressure washed the $hit out of it, then scraped, wire brushed, &amp; sprayed brake cleaner on whatever else I could... then I primed it and painted it with dupont (i think) 500 degree engine paint..

Thumper: Im in san diego. if you're within driving distance, send me a PM and we'll talk :) otherwise its not worth it

Mudzer/heavymetal: WRONG. its actually "general motors blue".. which was different than "chevrolet blue" .. the general motors blue actually matched the original color of the engine parts, which was the color I wanted.. The picture makes the blue have a wierd tint.. its a little different in person

anyways thanks for the kind words everyone .....

mike

14. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

is that a vent tube fitting on the top of the rear output? mine has a funny cap on it and was wondering since your looks a little different if it should have a hose and filter/breather

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

15. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Mike,

There is no way Im wrong! GM Blue is actually Pontiac Engine Blue. You show me any GM part other than a Pontiac block which is painted that color and I will zip it! [​IMG]

Of course Im kidding about all this, but I do know thats a Pontiac engine color.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

16. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well what ever color it is, looks good.[​IMG]

Mike.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/search.php?searchstring=heavymetal>pics</a>

17. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

Mudzer: actually I wouldnt recognize pontiac blue if I seen it with my own eyes, but, when I bought the paint there was a selection of chevrolet blue, general motors blue, and pontiac blue.... I assumed they were all different.. anyways "general motors" does include pontiac ya know :)

LKJR: yeah its a vent.. if you look at the "before" pic, you can see the rubber tube, about 4 or 5 inches long, with the vent cap thing on the end of it.. I just never got around to putting the thing back on

mike