Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pic's of my recovered stolen '89

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tori89k5, May 22, 2001.

1. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Pic\'s of my recovered stolen \'89

Well gang..... here's whats left......
    [​IMG]
    Looks like i win the award for the "most screwed up recovered vehicle" Sorry to steal your thunder SCOOTER, but somebody had to chear you up.... [​IMG]
    Got to go to L.A. sunday (my birthday) to get these pics of my baby..... or what was left of her and to release her to the insurance co. Happy Birthday to me aye !!!
    It was recovered last Tuesday at 3 AM in Compton, CA. ( this is the butthole of all buttholes ) The Sheffif Dept. found it and followed the trail of oil up the street and right into the driveway of the house where she was butchered. They arrested 4 "African Americans" and are in the process of trying to prosecute them.... although they say even though they found my property and the parts to the Blazer on premises, they are not sure if they have enough evidence to prosecute !!! Can you freaking believe that ??? God ! I just want 10 seconds with them, Hell.... it wont take me that long to shoot'em. Well....... Go to my webpage if you think you can stomach the rest of the carnage, i have a few more pics on the "Blazer Page" From the looks of things id say someone with either a Blazer or Suburban now has a bunch of new parts for thier truck.

STOLEN '89 K5 - 4" lift. Found in Compton (go figure)
    stripped and dismantled.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tori89k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.tori89k5.coloradok5.com</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by tori89k5 on 05/22/01 06:27 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Re: Pic\'s of my recovered stolen \'89

Damn Tori she is gutted big time. Does sound like you have a nice rust free tub to sell [​IMG]. I'm sorry to see it end up this way... I know a lot of blod sweat and tears went into it, but wtf is this not able to proscecute crap?!? There is an oil slick all the way up the driveway from where they illegally dumped it and you know there has to be tons of parts in the the house. What the hell do we pay these d@mn pigs and judges for anyways...? Absolutely retarded... Pisses me off! I guess I know what I'll do next time I'm in LA and see a sweet ride... steal it cause heck it ain't a crime there any, from the sounds of it. I guess I'll dump all the trash and spare parts that nee to go to the junkyard on the side of the road and go on a looting spree for a new TV and toys for the Blazer. Unbelievable.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

3. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I'm shocked!!! I know what it looked like before. If this makes me sick, I can't even imagine how you must feel. What is wrong with the Sheriff's Dept down there. They found parts on the premises of the thieves but don't think they have evidence to prosecute? WTF? I support Law Enforcement, but that smells like un-refrigerated fish. Anyone in the Sheriff's Dept down there rebuilding a Blazer?

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

So sorry Tori! That was one of the prettiest trucks ... I just cannot believe they caught the guys and may not be able to prosecute. What a country.

Hate to even mention the birthday ... good luck with the search...

5. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Damn. OK, i give, you win for most messed up recovered. I just looked at the rest of the pics and it makes me feel ill just looking at it. What a birthday present. Man, I'm really sorry for your loss. I dont know what to say.

WTF on the guys in jail!! What a bunch of crap! You didnt just happen to get the address where it was found did you? I've got about 4 weeks of vacation saved up. I'll be glad to help go "clean house" if necessary. LOL.

I guess at least theres no question on if its a total or not. My insurance is finally getting out to look at mine and will let me know today if its a total or not. What ever happens, dont let them screw you around on replacing it!

PS - I really didnt need to be cheered up. I have to joke about it or I just get pissed at the world. And under these circumstances, I could never be cheered up at the expense of another CK5 user.

Scot in KC, MO.
    Black 87 Chevy K5
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting

SOME PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK!
    If they don't have enough evidence in the house then I guess it won't matter if it burns to the ground! I still think we should all chip into a CK5 fund for the arrest and CONVICTION of anyone messing up etc. on of the member trucks! Money could also be used to put them away!!!! Did the truck have any speical parts that we can watch for? If anyone out there came across a extra deal on parts and is too dumb to figure it out, don't let us catch you or your truck maybe scrap the next day. Tori, I don't remember what your truck looked like before.
    Post some pictures, so we can all watch for the parts.
    If you need anything to put a new truck together, just let me know.

[​IMG]

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Man, that sucks. I don't know what else to say but I've been there, too. I feel your pain.

Jim '80 GMC
    Freedom First!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bigjbear.coloradok5.com>http://www.bigjbear.coloradok5.com</A>

8. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I don't get this "not enough evidence" crap!! I had a garage and I had some customers cars in there, a 55 chev I was doing the engine in, a blazer I was doing axels in and my 64 lemans. Some punks broke into the garage at night, stole the stereo out of the blazer, stripped the engine for the 55, stole my nitrous and carb off my lemans and took most of my tools. They stopped these kids less than a mile from the garage. arrested them. took my tools from the car and let them go. What about the rest ?????????? there was no evidence at the time they were stolen!!! my tools had my initials on them. When the report was filed out and they investigated.... all the stuff was gone!! DUH.... After a year and 1/2 the cops called me and told me to get my tools from the evidence room.They dropped the charges and I could have my tools now!!!!! AFTER 1 and 1/2 years. My garage insurance wouldn't cover it all and I had to pay out of pocket to replace some stuff. EVIDENCE, CRAP!!! I'll shoot them next time!! sorry, This was a sore subject in my house for a long time! I am very sorry to hear about your lose though. I hope your insurance will cover it for you.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I would kill the sob's who stole it. Looks like the lift is still on there, I would remove it before it goes to the insurance co. I hope they prosecute the a$$holes.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

10. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Finger print the bastards and then dust the truck for finger prints. Damnit!!!! How hard is it!!!!!!!!

I am waiting to hear the loud thunderous pop that is made by a police department's head being removed from their @ss from your neck of the woods. If I hear it, I'll let you know.

I remember when I had my truck at the tranny shop and everything got stolen out of it. It was in the shop for a few days before that and everything was nicely unscrewed, nothing was ripped out. The truck was actually on the lift for a few hours, and the other week that it was there it was on the ground. Well, the tranny wasn't fixed....it had the fluid changed basically. The police said they didn't have any leads. I was like, "Why don't you talk to the mother f'n mechanic?? He might try to sell you some stuff!!!!!!!" For the love of God!!!! Sorry, but I get worked up about people thieven. I've been in your situation (not to the same degree as you) and it sucked! I wanted to kill everyone! And that's just the stereo equipment and stuff. I would be on a man hunt if someone took my truck.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

11. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I'm real sorry to hear about your truck.. I've been through it also.. So I can honestly say .. I know how you feel...
    Vigilantism !!!! is it dead? [​IMG]
    If I knew where the house was where my Blazer was recovered... I'd be taking the law into my own hands..
    Guess this changes my take on wanting to become a Police officer... [​IMG]
    Again.. sorry for your loss... hope all works out in the end for you..

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com>http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com</A>

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Damn they didn't leave sh!t. I hope those bastards fry in hell!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

13. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

welll there we go people are hard erned tax dollars at work!!!shows that the police are only happy to give fat tickets and not do the other "plice work" I sware I here things everyday about this sh!t I mean the dam criminals have more rites than us!!!WTF?????????????? and man how curupt are police agencies now days anymore?? hell the whole dam SYSTEM IS crupt....ok ill shut up now......

[​IMG]
    "You can talk the talk...but can you walk the walk?"

14. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

check this out.
    a while back, my buddy (jon) got his bike ripped off. a few days later, i'm walking into another buddy's (jeremey) house, and he's on the phone with some dude he barely knew. we were all on scoots all the time, so this guy musta got his number somehow. he says "hang on", and then asks me if i want to buy a bike, or know anyone that does. i immediately think of jon's bike, but i figure, no way. so i tell jeremey to say yeah, what kind is it? well, after a few questions, we figure that its the bike. we arrange a meet, and go check it out. it's around 11:30pm on a wednesday, outside of bakersfield at a closed gas station. i'm not a pussy, but i was a little nervous. i'm trying to get the guy to let me test ride it, and i told jeremey to haul ass if i got on the bike. dude was gun-shy, so he wouldn't let me. so i tell him there's some engine noise, and i want to make sure it's not terminal. he says he'll come back in 1/2 an hour with the bike nice and warm, and i can ride it then.
    so we call the police, and tell them what's going on. we tell them where the meet is, who we are, (jon was with us, waitng across the street) everything. farging cops start railing on us, telling us to stop bothering them, stop being vigilantes, etc. we said [censored] you, come arrest these dickheads!
    so we go back to the place, and dude's there. i walk up, and am getting ready to get on the bike. jeremey is already parked aiming towards the road, so we're all [censored] keyed up, ready for some action. i mean, adrenaline is freaking roaring through the veins right now.
    all of a sudden, three sherrif cars pull up like fbi, and jump all the [censored] over us. dude jumps on the bike and nails it, sherrif billy bad-ass leaps across a car to tackle dude. i start yelling ([censored] me, it was bad! better'n the movies!) and two cops whack me with their guns, and cuff me. jeremey is at gunpoint, and jon's hollering at the cops "those are the dude's that found the bike! the other dude's the bad guy!" cops didn't give a [censored]. we had to go down to the jail, jon had to show his id, ownership crap, stolen bike report, swear to god that me and jeremey weren't threatening him, etc etc etc.
    so then dude gets off, because the cops did something that they weren't supposed to do, or didn't do something they were supposed to, or some freaking thing.
    really soured me on law enforcemnet policies.

sorry for the novel, but i figured it's a good story.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

15. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

hey man look on the not so bad side you are not for from a frame off build up becaus all the sumbitchs left you was a frame and tub does it even have a tranny and a T case

I just looked at you web site and she was sweet

[​IMG]If you want to run cool
    you got to run on Heavy Heavy Fuel (106.1 RDU)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com>http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com</A>

16. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Those mother !@#%&&^($&$#s!!!!!!!!!!! That was one of the nicest K5's I ever saw, and some bastards f****** butchered it!!!!! I hope you get your moey back for the parts, and a chance to beat the [censored] out of the guys that did that.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

17. timebomb1602

timebomb1602 1/2 ton status

Man that Blows!!!!!!!! F'in cops!! Just make sure to get your money from te insurance. You might be able to buy it back with a salvage title for a couple hundred and have a new project. I say this because a friend of mine was missing a jet ski for 2 years and the insurance had paid in ful, then the cops finnaly found it and he bought it back for $200.

<font color=red>1991 GMC Jimmy 350tbi 3.42</font color=red>[​IMG]

18. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'm really sorry to see what happened to your Blazer....I hope you can at least get what you have coming from insurance.....I'm not surprised of where they found it. Talk about a crap area. I'm sure your Blazer and many others have been through that house your parts were found at....too bad the cops are stupid. Hopefully they can get their heads out of their rears and do the job they are paid to do and quit protecting the criminals. They have more rights then we do anymore it seems....I can't stand cops. I honestly have no use for them and their lazy butts. Seems this just another case of them doing what they do best...nothing...

If the cops won't do anything (which they won't) to these guys I'd try to sue them at the very least. Like someone said have the tub dusted out for prints. The more evidence collected that they are partly or fully responsible the better. I'm sure most lawyers would be happy to jump on the band wagon to do this is is means some $$$$ for them. Maybe you can win....? I bet these guys have rap sheets a mile long and mostly would be found guilty and at fault...might be worth a shot?

Good luck! I wish you the best in trying to rebuild.....

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

19. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Thank you all for your support! Your compassion and words of advise are very much appreciated. I half-way want to just say screw it, and not replace it, but your support makes me want to keep looking for another Blazer and not give up hope. You all are truly "good people" Steve has really gotten together a fine group. Thank you Steve!
    Anyway.... as far as the Insurance goes,...... so far they have offered me $7,000. I declined and gave them reason to keep looking for more $ State Farm has been very good so far, and not given me any greif. My claim rep. is currently looking on the internet and seeing for herself that a Blazer in good shape such as this goes for a tad more. I wont be settleing for less then $8000 and will try for more.
    Im gonna try to get them to crush the remaining shell, so that the theives cant buy it back and put all my parts back on it. Id love to see it go to someone in the mid west with a rusted tub, as this truck did not have a speck of rust anywhere ! Anyhow...... I'll let you all know what the outcome is....... Thanks again....... TORI

STOLEN '89 K5 - 4" lift. Found in Compton (go figure)
    stripped and dismantled.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tori89k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.tori89k5.coloradok5.com</A>

20. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your truck. It was nice. I really liked the pics of it on the beach. I hope everything works out for you with the insurance company. Good luck with it. I don't understand the deal with the cops. Are they afraid that they are gonna miss their d@mn coffee and donought break?WTF? Just proves once again that our tax dollars are hardly working.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blueeyes.coloradok5.com>http://www.blueeyes.coloradok5.com</A>
    [​IMG]