Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of my Ride (finally)

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigRed71, Sep 27, 2002.

1. BigRed71

BigRed71 Registered Member

After being on this site for a year, I finally got around to posting some pictures. Thanks for eveyone's input on my last post "What next". This is the beast of which I speak. See it at http://community.webshots.com/user/dpgold

2. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

Very nice.

3. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

VERY sweet ride... give us some specs! Looks like stock/no lift, maybe 32/33 M/Ts...

Sam

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Very nice and clean ride, Great Job!!!

5. BigRed71

Thanks for the compliment. Looks like ya got a heckuva project yourself /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . Look forward to seein' the finished product.

6. BigRed71

Thanks man, nice of ya to say /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . Actually, it's sittin' on a 2" lift (thinkin' of lowerin' it). Right on the money with the tires - 33 BFG MT's, stock tranny and tranfer case, Rancho 5000's, rebuilt 350 w/Thorley headers, 650 Holley and a 500 watt JVC stereo. Once I get the ride corrected, next up is a 6 point cage, some high backs from a later model (suggestions anyone?) and rear bumper/tire carrier. And a soft top. Just as soon as I hit the lottery.

7. BigRed71

Thanks, I appreciate ya takin the time to look and the nice reply. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

9. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

nice clean blazer.do you wheel it?or just take good care of it?mines only primer.its never had a bath since ive owned it.lol /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. BigRed71

Thanks man. I've only been out twice. The best trails in my neighborhood are about an hour North. I'm still trying to get the highway drive under control. Otherwise, yeah I'm pretty obsessive about keeping her clean. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif She's definately rougher up close.

11. BigRed71

Hopefully it will get better. Both vehicles are still "works in progress". Who'da thought rebuilding two 30+ year old vehicles could be so expensive! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Still, beats a $700/month note on something that's depreciating!

12. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

YA Baby! Lookin sweet! Nice rides, the Blazer is my favorate though. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

13. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Oh my God! You have both of my favourite vehicles!!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I have the '72 Blazer but I don't think I'll ever have the coin for my Corvette. I am dying to get a 69-72 Stingray and have been since I was in Grade 6! You sir are a lucky man!!! I am definitely jealous! Both of your rides look FANTASTIC!!! You are definitely a man after my own heart!

Take it easy and enjoy your rides! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

14. BigRed71

It's my favorite, too./forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. BigRed71

Thanks, but don't be too jealous. I spend alot of my free time on a creeper /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Speakin of a man after my own heart, I've got my uncle and cousin (they own their own shop)lookin' out for a TPI platform to stab in the vette.
    "No replacement for displacement!" /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Save those pennies and you'll be sportin' a shark in no time.