Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of my truck with the new Iroks on

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Paxx, May 29, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Well last weekend I got my new Swamper Iroks installed on my truck and man are they ever sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The main thing about these tires that stands out is just how many biting edges there are on this tire. I had never really seen pics that truly showed this. Seems everywhere that they could put one they added two /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Well anyways on to the pics /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

This one gives a good example of the biting edges I was mentioning. Check it out even the grooving on the outer lugs has the extra little bit added to it.

[​IMG]

Straight on view.
    [​IMG]

comparison between the 35"BFG and the 36"Irok
    [​IMG]

another
    [​IMG]

Before pic of my truck
    [​IMG]

After pic
    [​IMG]

Caliper grinding
    [​IMG]

Flexin' /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Thats my buddy Martin posin for you guys /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really need to do a shackle flip in the rear. It's hard to tell from the pic but in the first flexing pic my rear tire is off the ground. No good.

I am running a 2" lift and lots of /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif in the front, none in the rear yet. I will probably hack up the rear soon to match the front just to even it out and improve my departure angle. The tires fit at full stuff with no hacking.

The tires themselves I cannot say enough good things about. The grip I had on the rocks was night and day between the BFG's and Iroks. I will never go back to a less agressive tire now. The only thing they are not the best at is the sand. They just dig too well. If you are driving along and hit a patch of sand in 2 wheel drive your ass end sinks instantly an inch or more. Had em at 8psi and they did all right but I didn't buy em for the sand. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

They also are huge compared to my 35's. I would say that the tire is about 3 inches taller than the worn BFG's.

If you are looking for a great all around tire this is about as good as it gets. Now I just need to get locked and nothing will stop me /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~Max

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Looks awesome Max, where did you get them from? Make sure to get some reports after you wheel them hard /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. namkrow

namkrow 1/2 ton status

What size are those that they are so big?
    -T

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

He said the Iroks were 36" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

looks good, how well do they do on the road while its raining?

6. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

looks good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif how much bigger were the iroks compared to bfg???

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They also are huge compared to my 35's. I would say that the tire is about 3 inches taller than the worn BFG's.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

thanks

9. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

What size rims are they on?

10. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

Yea they look sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    but what happened to your front diff /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifdid you take the cover off yet

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I really wish they'd make a 16" or wider IROK. I know they have tread all the way down the sidewalls and all, but a 40-44" IROK 16-18" wide would be awesome if you ask me.

The biting edges of a TSL, combined with the soft compound and void ratio of a Bogger. I think Interco hit the nail on the head with the bias ply IROK. Now, if we could just convince them to make them wider, I'd love to have a set for my next tires (especially since I won't wear them out now since I have a trailer).

Until then, I guess it's TSLs for me in the 15-16" wide variety, although the 44x18.5s would be sweet as well.

12. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

The rims are 15x10". Thats why I had to do the caliper grinding.

As far as in the rain they work great. They have no squirrely traits whatsoever that I have noticed. We have had almost nothing but rain since I put them on too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Highway driving is just fine. They were balanced well and I have no vibrations at any speed.

I do wish they made them in a wider size though. For the 36" its not too bad but I think if you got into the 39.5's I would want a wider tire myself. Its hard to say if I would want to go to a TSL after these though. They just seem to me like they have a lot more traction than a TSL could provide. I think Interco is trying to make these a little more rock friendly than the TSL which is why they aren't going as wide with them. If you look at the trend in rockcrawling it seems to be skinnier tires are taking over. Like I mentioned before though they don't excel in the sand quite as well. Probably due to that exact fact combined with how aggresive they are. It's a tradeoff that I am more than happy to make though. They are just too good everywhere else.

They are also lightweight too. 70lbs a tire is what I was told. Never actually weighed them before I put them on.

I can almost go everywhere I used to be able to go stock in 4 wheel drive in 2 wheel drive now. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Oh and Dan, I destroyed the gears /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif pulled my front cover off and there was over 30 teeth laying on the bottom. Oh well Vince found some new ones for me /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and Dan, I destroyed the gears /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif pulled my front cover off and there was over 30 teeth laying on the bottom. Oh well Vince found some new ones for me /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif That's kind of what i thought happened
    did you get the new gears in yet /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    i got to get down and busy on my rig and get the doubler in and put the hydrosteer in then we can go do some more wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif