Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of new Chassis project w/dana 60!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CCRider, Dec 4, 2002.

1. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

I was only going to replace the bent frame and something happened................ truck pics let me know what ya think!!!!!Hope to be back under the body in a week or two!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

looks cleaner than skeeters peter

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

That looks bad a$$!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

This is my favorite part of any truck build up....the frame off restoration. I've always loved to see others projects, especially the frame and axles along with the lift, all painted up and looking good for the engine, tranny, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, give us the details on everything in the pic. Gears, brand of lift, amount, the shock brackets, EVERYTHING!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

SWEEEEEEET!!! What kind of shock hoops are those? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

That looks sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I can't wait till I can try somthing like that.

6. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Bent my frame , and was only going to change it out(have done it before) and it just got out of hand , Military blazer frame, boxed in first 1/3 , 8"behind spring shackles/middle of body mounts , All new (except castings) dana 60 , new spindles, axles(35 spline outers) forged joints, 6" nationals , spring centerbolt moved 1" forward on front , 4:88's Detroit , 14 bolt rear over the top truss 3rd shock mount , willwood discs 4:88's det. Zero rates 1"back in rear, shock brackets I made myself as well as the draglink and tie rod , rear upper mount and 3rd shock mount, it's realy turnin' out sweet, just costin' a little more than I was plannin on spendin' everything but the motor is gettin gone through but the motor..........HMMMMMM.........I think I might need to put a new 383 HT in it!!! I can post pore pics of the rear stuff if you guys like!!!! and keep you posted with a pic of the roller this weekend hopefully!! let me know if you want me to post them.. Later....................CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm with Sapper, what brand of shock mounts are those? What do the rear ones look like?

8. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

The rear ones look like this old chassis shock mounts and of course new chassis I'll get some more pics when it's all put together!!! Thanks for the compliments guys!! It means alot!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Is that safety wire on the shock mount fasteners?

Rene

10. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Yeah , ARP 12 points with .032 safety wire. .........CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[Homer] Mmmmmmm....overkill[/Homer]

rene

12. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Safty wire is a good mod to do. I can not tell you how many bolts and nuts I find loose after a wheeling trip.
    Colin

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Oh my that is sweeeet. Do you know how many people here would kill for a set of shock brackets like that. Oh I think you better start making a few more of those. They Rock. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

I plan on making them soon . Safety wire....................Wouldn't leave home without it!!!!! Try to wire as much as I can!! Diff covers , driveshaft bolts shock mounts,steering box bolts , etc. stuff that I have had loosen up and I feel needs it!!! .......CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I plan on making them soon

[/ QUOTE ]
    Way cool. What kind of a price we looking at? For singles or duals? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Ill take a set of duals please /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifLooks real good guy. I like seeing that level of work, even though you're probably gonna go out and get it dirty and run the snot out of it! You know it's built right, and problems will be few, if any. Good luck!

18. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

That /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifis going to be better than new when your done. Since you have everything tore apart it would be great too put that 383HT in their while you are at it

Very nice job BTW /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

19. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

MORE PICS! MORE PICS!! MORE PICS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

20. a2b

a2b Registered Member

so what did you do with your body? and how did you lift it off?