Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of new paint (Link)

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 70jimmy, Jun 26, 2004.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Let me know what you think. Tires are cheapo 31's, No lift on saggy 34 year old suspension, axles for now are Dana 44 front and 12 bolt rear. New 14 bolt and beefed 10 bolt front with discs in the garage.

Its getting flush mount gas door. Cha Ching
    Rear inner fenders tubbed 6 inches each side floor cut out to frame
    All holes on bed rails and windshield frame filled
    Fenders cut close to 3 inches and tapered.

http://community.webshots.com/user/clarson115

sorry I am an idiot on the computer so don't know how to make link right. Just learned a little about the digi cam!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Cool Steve made it dummy proof!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Did you paint it yourself? I like the color choice. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

nice color /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif did you do your own body work?i bet it was a pain to flush mount your cap.the end result looks great can't wait for final assemble pik's /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Looking great. I'm in the middle of a big project too, so I can appreciate the work your doing (I'm not doing the body or paint though). Keep us posted.

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Paint is PPG I believe the color is Crimson King or something like that.

Pa8int and body being done by body shop, Cha Ching, /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They cut out the area around the gas filler door on a newer Yukon and fabbed it in and covered the old fill hole. the new gas cap is a flush mounted one from AMP Research in California like the one on the ultimate avalanche in 4 wheel and off road.

The entire interior will be speedlined, along with the bottom up just past the body line and about a 1 and 1/2 inch area around the wheel wells, also the back of the tailgate 1/2 way between the bottom and where it says Chevrolet. The grill and front end parts will also be speed lined. The Ashtray, Glove box door and maybe guage cluster too. Lots still to do /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Holy shnikies! Thats clean. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif