Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of our new puppy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by koldsimer, Feb 18, 2007.

1. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

As most of you know, I lost my best friend last week. I realized yesterday that I would have to get another dog, so to the pound I went.

I played with several large dogs that were all great but I just didn't feel the connection that i was hoping to feel. I went through the room where they keep the puppies and one immediately caught my eye. SHe stared right at me and started barking and wagging her tail furiously. I immediately left the room because all the pups were so cute and I really wanted to get a large dog that was already mature because I knew they would have a more difficult time getting adopted. After playing with about 5 really cool dogs, I decided to go back into the puppy room to have another look at them. As I made my way down the hall, the puppy I noticed earlier locked on to me and started barking and jumping around. I walked up to her and she just kept barking as if to ask my why I hadn't picked her yet. I told the lady that worked there that I liked the pup and wanted to take her outside to see how she acted. As soon as I picked her up, I knew she was mine. She started licking my face and we made an immediate connection.

She is a 3 month old lab/akita mix and she is so full of energy it's unreal. I can't believe how brave she is- she doesn't seem to be scared of anything. My friend brought her boston terrier over today and my pup started schooling her on how to play roughly as soon as they met. Maggie, the terrier, didn't know what to do!

She has an incredible fetching drive and she is extremely strong for a dog her size. She has webbed paws and her jaw is crazy strong. I think she's a keeper.

PDRM0566.JPG

PDRM0567.JPG

PDRM0569.JPG

PDRM0572.JPG

PDRM0574.JPG

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thats awsome dude
    looks like a kick ass dog
    i miss having a dog, i wish i had the time to give to one right now

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

You sure know how to make grown men cry :eek1: :D !!

That dog is cute :bow: :bow: !!

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Cute.

I sure miss my dog. Put him down just over a year ago. Every time I go out to my folks, I look at his cross I made for him out by the barn. You can see it from the driveway, so its something I always look over to see when coming up to the house.

The kids want a puppy and then they want a kitty. I'm just not sure I'm ready for another dog yet. A cat wouldn't be so bad.

Decisions, decisions...

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Beautiful dog!

Labs and akitas are both Gorgeous breeds of dogs, and it looks like your little girl got the best traits of both!

Damn thats a good looking dog:crazy::D

6. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

That sure is one CUTE puppy!

Wes, I think you should get the kids a kitten. They might get to play with it more and they are easier to keep track of than dogs. IMO.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What I was thinking, too, Heather. Low maintenace is the key word here and cats are just that.

We'll see. I'm just not thrilled to clean up poop and put out water/food all the time. I'm also slightly allergic to pets.

8. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

I love the color. I want to see what shee looks like full grown

9. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I have never met a cat that was mor social than a dog... EVER (at least a properly raised dog)

That being said i'll agree, less maintanence.

For kids though, id have to say dog. The interaction is much greater than that with cats.

10. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

Our cat is. He is weird. He chases his own tail along with playing with his cat toys. Mitch's mom got him some minature soft soccer balls and he love to chase them around the house. He also talks to us a LOT more than a normal cat does.

11. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

My cat is ther only cat i have ever had that is social. He was always raised with dogs though, we found him abandond. He was sick and while on his meds our dogs raised/ nurtured him.

Even though he is still a cat and has very independant tendancys.

12. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Wes, get an orange tabby. They are known for being playful, more personality and friendliness than other breeds of cats. They also are short haired, so it keeps allergies down. I've had two, and they both were absolutely great with kids.
    Jimbo

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good move. That is a cool looking dog and she will make you feel much better. Plus, you saved her and that's always a great thing.

14. koldsimer

Thanks man. I do feel good about getting a dog from the pound. And I agree with jimbo, my orange tabby cat is the craziest, coolest cat ever. I swear he thinks he's a dog. I hope they learn to play like Moonshine and Oso used to.

15. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Woof, woof!!! :wink1: :D

16. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Nice pup, now go take him for a walk. May have to puppy proof the pad?

17. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Congrats on the new family member! Molly was an SPCA dog also. They somehow know how lucky they are. Bring her over man.

18. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

BAD ASS !!!!boy you can see the Akita in her tail.you know how to pick em. i really mean that.most people just pick the breed they want and are very dissapointed.mess with the pups and see which one reacts the best with you.

19. koldsimer

Thanks man. She's a sweetheart. The past couple of days have been real tough though. She has a real bad case of kennel cough. She hasn't eaten in two days and she has lost a ton of weight. I took her to the vet to get her on some antibiotics and to make sure it was nothing worse than kennel cough. The vet told me she would be feeling crappy for about a week at least. It sucks to see her hurting and know there's nothing I can do.

It's also real difficult for me because I keep having feelings of guilt and other weird ****. I keep thinking about Oso and how he never got sick and was always happy. I know it's not her fault but this entire thing is just really tough for me. I dunno, I hope I can love her like I did Oso.

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

she will be fine.and don't feel guilty Oso would want you to be happy.Milo my Rott was never sick ,but GTD has allergies.:rolleyes: you will love her just as much. just in a different way. Milo was my best friend through thick and thin. Gottie is a monster thats lovable. he is smart and funny.he is my boy, i just need to remember that he is not Milo.and i can't expect the same things from Gottie.