Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of powersteering pump bracket.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77k5bogger, Feb 6, 2003.

1. 77k5bogger

77k5bogger Registered Member

Does anyone have pics of a ps pump bracket for a 75 350. I bought an engine to build up but it didnt have the ps pump or bracket. I asked the guys at my local yard and they looked at me like I was a dumbass or something. Thanks in advance. Derek /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Which bracket? There are a few of them. Does the truck have AC or a smog pump, I think that these are teh accessories that will affect which bracket you need. </font color>

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

smog pump mounts on the opposite side of the engine so it won't affect what PS bracket he needs. I doubt he has A/C and I know I don' so the braeckt shoudl be one all its own. I know for me best bet would be to hit the local yard and just pull it myself but I am not sure fi your local yard allows that.

4. 77k5bogger

No smog pump or ac ive been to my yard about 3 times getting the bracket that I thought would fit to find out that it doesnt fit when I try to put it on. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

5. aahomerepair

aahomerepair Registered Member

how does your pump mount to the water pump.is the water pump threaded or is the hole straight though if it goes all the way though i can send pic's and if it doesn't i can send them to i think /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

you are about 2 weks early on this question. I just did the layout for my brackets in Autocad to have them computer plasma cut. they should be nested and cut tomorrow, one prototype set. I hand cut my current set and then fit with die grinder. my current set is 10 guage stainless, tomowwors will be cut fom 3/16 mild. I'm hoping to get a working set together soon, make adjustments to my payout and then get a couple sets put together and ask for gueina pigs then try and market em. Current design uses the two holes on the drivers side of crank in the block and one hole in the water pump. Next bracket will probably be to replace my GM alternator with a large case (90 amp) F*rd alt to do the pirate welder setup.

It's nice having a 20 foot by 60 foot plasma table at work aint it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 77k5bogger

Im not sure on the water pump ill check tomorrow, I wish I had a huge plasma cutter to work with that would kick a$$! How much would you be seling your brackets for?

8. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

not sure yet. would also depend on what material you want it out of. I'm starting to question the use of the Stainless, someone mentioned to me that it might be a little likely to fatigue, I'll talk to the engineer at work and get his thoughts. I'll have to see what I have to lay out for each set, and the small parts, and how much I have to pitch to the table operator after hours to slice me some. Hoping to get cleared on the table and be allowed to run it myself after hours

9. 77k5bogger

I checked today and it is threaded into the waterpump.

10. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have the pump with the brackets you need. Let me know if you want it. 20.00 + shipping. The only thing you may have to do is make a spacer for the bolt that goes to the exaust manifold, That is if your gonna run headers. If you are gonna use stock manifolds, it's a bolt on.