Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of REAL SNOW!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Can Can, Nov 15, 2000.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

With all the talk of snow lately, I updated my Photopoint Album with a couple of shots of the trucks during a big storm we had last year. There's a good one of my 6.2 pickup totally submerged, and one of the Blazer after I cleared it off. A lot of you guys seem to love snow, but if you got it like this every winter, you might change your mind!!!!!!

Take a look at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I'll stick with my Sunny 50-70 degree weather here in sunny California! If I want snow, it's just a couple of hours away. And I like it that way. Cool pics though.

3. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

BBBBRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!........just looking at that makes me shiver. I've been in SoCal now for most of 3 years. I haven't been below 45 degrees in over a year and a half. I get cold when it hits 65 now! I'm going home for Christmas for the first time in 2 years. I'm going to freeze to death!!!

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Great pics!!

Thats about what the weather is like here to. Snow from Nov/Dec all the way to Apr/May. Except I have a 2000Watt interiour heather so the snow just melts off the roof and front window.. Just a few quick strokes with a broom over the hood and I'm good to go.
    Gotta love the snow!!

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

5. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

What kind of heater you got? Espen88k5

79 Blazer 6"lift 35's locked/4:56

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

7. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Here in arizona its in the 60-70's and everyone is bundled up like its freezin lol cool pics can barely tell what it is under all that snow

[​IMG] SlyDog [​IMG]

8. Can Can

Mike: Canmore is about 60 miles west of Calgary, about three hours north of the US border. The town sits in a valley that is surrounded on four sides by mountains, and when moist air comes over the mountains from the coast, it hits our cold air and turns to snow. I live about 1/2 an hour from Banff which is one of the world's most popular ski areas. Unfortunately, the snow goes hand in hand with cold weather- It's funny to read about some of you Southern folk getting cold at 65F. Today the high is expected to reach -9C(15 Farenheit) and tonight we're dropping to a balmy -22C(-8 Farenheit).

9. Woodman89

Woodman89 Registered Member

BRING ON THE SNOW!!!

I got a new sled and plow truck this year so im ready!!!

Woodman - Concord, NH

10. K2500

K2500 Registered Member

Hey Canmore. If you dont want the snow, I will take all you can send my way!! Were I live the winters are usually harsh. The last 4 years have been very mild. We need a real BAD winter to get rid of all the non natives that are moving in and thinking that winter just means the chicos turn brown. [​IMG] Yet the saying is "the grass is always greener on the other side" or the snow is better [​IMG]

<font color=red>I finally fixed the leak[​IMG]

11. FWP

FWP CRS

My dad still has this picture of him standing on top of a snow drift, leaning on a light pole, back in 73.... Gotta love lake effect snow... Say Ya to da U.P. eh!

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

12. Emmettology 101

65 is warm here. When I start wearing coats it is about 35 or so. Yeasterday it was 39 and I liked it, no coat and only a long sleeve shirt!

I wish we got that much snow here! Another Blizzard would be nice, like '96!!!! I figure if it is going to snow then we better get a ton of it!!!

One of the best things in life is when you get going in the morning and the road hasn't been plowed and everything is white and it is still snowing like crazy! Ah, when will the big snowfall come? LOL

:)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

13. Can Can

Next time we get a big dump I'll be sure to take the Blazer out on one of the local forestry roads and take a couple pics of the truck up to it's wheel wells in the white stuff. I totally know what you mean about being the first one to lay tracks in fresh powder. One day a few years back there was so much snow overnight that it drifted up in some places as high as the headlights. Talk about a rush- blasting through those drifts at 40 mph with the wipers going full tilt to keep the snow off the windshield!!!!!!! I guess there's times when even us Northerners can appreciate big snow!!!!

14. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That is why my Family Moved south from Detroit. When your dad sends you onto the roof and you don't need a ladder to get there so you can shovel some off so it doesn't cave in it's too much snow. Though sledding off the roof of the garage in Flat Michigan was a hoot as a kid. Now I get mad when it gets cold enough that I put the hard top back on the 75 in late October here in Atlanta.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

15. Emmettology 101

Man, that sounds sweet!!!!!!!!! We had a "blizzard" in 96 and we had some drifts that were about 3 feet. I loved it and I wish we would get more snowfalls like that!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to see those pics!!!!!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com