Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of Rhino Lined interior!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Just posted some pics of the Jimmy just after we got it back from being Rhino Lined. The Rhino Lining is thick enough to give great sound deading and really tightened everything up and quieted a lot of rattles.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albup66>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albup66</a>

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

WOW! Looks great Derf!!!!!! Makes me kinda frown on my herculined interior now... Damn you LOL /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

what was the cost?

4. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Sweeeeeeeet. I love it. Do u run a hard top? Wonder if you could rhionn-line the underside of a hardtop?

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

That looks pretty sweet, i geuss if you got it dirty you could hose it out

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea you can rhino line the inside of a hard top. it is something I'm going to be doing on both my k5's for sound insulation &amp; looks.

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

The cost was $400, but the Rhino dealer is a good friend and said it was way to cheap for all the work it took. I also had the top of the bed rails done where the hard top sits. We run without the hard top enough to make this a nice addition over carpet. Now I just need to deal with the wiring and side panels.

8. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

cheap? 400? i was quoted 350 for that much for rhino lining, but i ended up hurculining it, and im please, but it dont look as nice as

9. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Prices vary drastically. I have heard of others who said they had quotes in the $6-$700 range. There is only one place here in town that does this. It was cheaper than an over the rail p/u bed. What ever the case I am happy with it.

10. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

my local bodyshop makes nothing off materials, just his time. he's quoted me $50 per gallon of speedliner, and just his time in labor spraying it. he'll let me do the masking etc. so it should cost around $450 including 6 gallons of liner.

I'm having entire inside (I have the scottsdale k5) so I'll be doing roof, sides, inside toppers, new panels on the sides, inside fender wells, and floor. (oh yea, bottum of dash &amp; doors etc.)

11. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Lookin' Good man!!
    Boss

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Looking great Fred. That roll bar a factory unit?

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Looks great! I have a question, I have many small little screw holes all over in the floor of mine, and I was wondering if you welded them shut, ot put the liner right over them? The largest hole is about 1/8" dia. I'll probably weld them and grind them flush, but ya never know, I could get lazy.....

14. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Frank, the roll bar is a Smitty Built.

Shane, I also had numerous small screw holes that I ground flush, but did not fill. The lining filled the holes and came out smooth. Look at the pic of the side, there were numerous holes for the side panel brackest.

15. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Hey Fred,
    Sorry a little off topic, but do you have any more pictures of your fender trimming?
    BTW, nice job on the lining !
    Thanks

16. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Thanks! I just put in a call to the local Rhino liner shop. They told me it would be $500 to do the whole inside of my truck. Not too bad. They also told me that they have done the exterior of many blazer tops. Anyone had that done? If so, how does it look?

17. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Looks good. I am still undecided on what I am going to do on mine. I guess it depends on what I find when I gut the interior in a few weeks. If I line it I will do it myself and buy the liner and the gun to spray it at the local body supply place.

18. johnnyK5

johnnyK5 Registered Member

Did you have your transmission / transfer case floor panel lined seperately? It looks like it wasn't. What if you need to remove it? Did you thread anything into your seat mount holes prior to spraying? I am planning on having this done soon.

19. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

In the unlikley or unfortunate event that the cover ever had to be removed, the lining could easily be cut. Other than seat bolts I did not want any other seams or holes in the floorboard, and that particular seam was a source of some water getting under the mat and carpet. The bolt holes had rolled masking tape inserted in them.

20. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Looks good Fred, now all you need is a soft top and you'd be good to go