Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of Roll Cages like MNorby's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyhole812, Mar 10, 2006.

1. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

trying to get an idea of attatchment points and how far back to take it. thanks

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Where are you in MO? Are you looking for ideas so you can bend your own cage? Lastly, you will get better results when you type with some respect towards your fellow wheelers. I'm in MO and chances are I can either point you in the right direction towards a fab shop, or might have something of use.

3. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

thanks for your interest. i am in odessa, to the east of K.C. i plan on bending it myself, i just need a few ideas for the design. as far as the crap that happened, i was told the ever popular "go search" which i had already done. i think the other guys thought i was talking to the guy that gave me his pics. i was talking to greg. i haven't been rude to anyone on here, except then. if people don't have anything to offer just don't answer the thread. you know? sorry for getting irritated

4. IDGMC

IDGMC 1/2 ton status

Hey I agree with you, just because a questions gets asked more then once shouldn't mean you get a cold shoulder and "do a search". Maybe you should look at the reason the site is loosing its ranking

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I would suggest going through the dash, or at a minimum going with an "S" bend around the dash. Main hoop is pretty self explanitory - install an "X" brace in the main hoop, and that will keep it from collapsing and spreading out at the bottom.

I will post up pics of my cage in my S-TON. I have the seats tied into the cage.

One source if you would rather not bend the tubing - www.swracecars.com