Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of the a/c setup under the hood

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ak7, Sep 3, 2002.

1. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

Now that I finally got the truck running and was able to drive it down the street, I'm moving on to some of the more minor projects on the truck like the A/C system. When I got the truck, the A/C compressor and many parts were int he back seat... So this leaves me completely puzzled as to where everything goes because I've never seen it installed before. If anybody has some pics or helpful tips for the A/C system and install, it would help me out a great deal. By the way, I'm running a 72 Custom GMC Jimmy.

ak7

2. MikeH

MikeH Registered Member

Hey, if you don't mind waiting a couple of days I can have pics of my factory AC setup on my '71... Just got it all recharged and working again... Stay tuned...

3. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

I don't mind at all. I appreciate any help that I can get with this. I'm also not in a rush to get the a/c going either. I'm sure that I'll be running around looking for missing parts too.

ak7

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I don't have any pix (my Blazer is a non-A/C version), but I'd suggest obtaining a repop of the Factory Service Manual from Chevy Duty, LMC, etc. There are very good drawings of everything in there and a lot of specs for other stuff that will eventually need service.

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I think the chevy duty catalog has some good pics of brackets and stuff or was it lmc truck. well one of those two have it.

ARQ.

6. MikeH

MikeH Registered Member

ak7, I emailed you 3 pictures of my setup. faster than figuring out how to post the pictures... hope they help.

MikeH

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'm cleaning out 30 years of crap from the a/c system. Just hooked it all up about 1 month ago, had to buy the a/c bracket kit as the bottom bracket was missing. If you need more pic let me know.http://community.webshots.com/user/tonypeebs

8. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

Do you have any pics of the compressor mount setup?

ak7

9. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

10. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

okay. I got them now. Thanks.

ak7