Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of the blue blazer wrecked..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by supersize75k5, Feb 28, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

my friend hit a palm tree going pretty fast, peeled the fender skin right off, and sheered the center pin and moved the axel back.. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[​IMG] [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

then a quick attemp at some body work....

[​IMG]

I decided the truck does nopt apeal to me anymore after last night, my friend wants to buy it for what I have into it, so I break even. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

awwell, whatever I guess, it was nice while I had it, we will be narrowing the front next week and he already has 3/4 tons lined up so good for him /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

now my other iddiot friend is the one who decided to say hi to the palm tree, those things are strong /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

seems a nice truck is not in the cards for me, I have a line up on another 1 ton and selling this one says I may be able to afford it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif to think the truck looked like this the day before... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[​IMG]

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

OMG, that SUX. Sure was a clean truck before! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

-Dan

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I can't believe it. Actually I can... but... it seems really depressing.

Why was your friend driving it? Were you with?

need I say again... depressing... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

One of my friends I would trust to let drive my drive a short distance. My other friend can't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Hes been in 3 accidents and hes only been driving 3 years!

6. supersize75k5

I was too tired to drive and he wanted to, I guess I should have just taken my chances with driving tired /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

I am trying to just let it go but it is a little depressing, I am not attached to this one though, all my love goes to my 75 blazer /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

one thing that sucks is my hi-lift would not work to free the truck, that is twice it has done that /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. 4wood

4wood 1/2 ton status

Ever seen a grown man cry?

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess I should have just taken my chances with driving tired

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a good idea either. Take a nap next time instead of letting someone else drive, could of been death instead of ruining a pretty truck /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Ya can't become a old fat dude if your not here can ya /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Now it looks like your other truck /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

tell him he broke it he bought it! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Blue book value... $5000 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    tell him he broke it he bought it!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, if one of my friends did that, they'd either take responsbility or I'd kick their ass. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    tell him he broke it he bought it!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, if one of my friends did that, they'd either take responsbility or I'd kick their ass. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't kick their ass. They'd fix it or I'd sue them and then they'd fix it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

looks alcohol related( /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif)....how the hell does the driver crash into a palm tree? Did he fall asleep? If he's driving you home, then you were not wheeling so..... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif...also that is one big mofo of a palm tree to have done that....the impact looks wide.

anyways, a loyal friend would have already solved the whole thing for you. You gotta long life of wheeling ahead of you, just take a couple of steps back for now. People DO die everday in car accidents. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. supersize75k5

hmmm

I dont really know what to say other than.. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I was real tired we drive eachothers trucks as if they were are own and we both share alot of wrenching hours. Basicly he was flooring it through a turn after just soaking the tires in mud from the side of the road. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

All I know is I wake up by face and body planting into my nice dash, I was curled up on the passenger seat against the door sleeping at the time. No belts as the past owner fixed the inside where it should have been bolted to but never installed then or tapped or made a place to do it in the new metal.

First thing I did was open the door and fall out the got in the drivers seat and tried to back up and get off the median with no luck as the steering was screwed and the axel was at least 5 inches back. Cop came he was sited, cop the showed us pics of his cruser stup up to its doors in a field /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif then I got a ticket for no inshurance 500-600 fine /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, the blazer may or may not have been added to the policy as I called it in and they were closed,I find out monday /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

A tow truck took the truck to my friend davids, then instead of wheeling the next day we fixed the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

as for the palm tree, he more or less kind of skinned it, it pealed the fender off and the tire hit it dead on thus pushing the axel back. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

as for alchole..none

I blame this on him assuming he could slide through that turn, seems people in AZ forget that water/mud does change conditions and people should adjust accordingly. We make that turn all the time just not with slippery tires /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

I only had a few buds I would ever trust to drive my truck..he's off the list /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

other dude is Harley..maby the most responsable person I know that is near my age /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear about this Shawn, Im just glad everyone is ok. I know you are young but remember life is fragile, take a step back and thank God you and your friend are ok.....it could have been much worse.....just glad you are ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif