Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of the C10 6.2

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by jarheadk5, Oct 16, 2004.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Finally got some pics of the '87 C10 I bought for it's engine and other good stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not bad for $100...

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Cool deal Ken!! Front clip looks decent from the side I can see anyways. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I'd throw an oil cap on the motor if you get a chance...

You gonna run that model 80 filter or do a Racor and secondary canister style filter set-up?

I do have a tip...make sure to swap the sound deadener that is currently on the donor trucks firewall. I sure wish I did.../forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Rene

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Yeah - it's not the straightest truck, but there's not a whole lot of rust, either. The front clip is in good shape - far better than what's on my K5.

There's now a piece of old Tupperware over the oil filler. One on the intake, too, since I pulled the air filter assy off.

Haven't put too much thought into a filter setup yet. I'm seriously considering experimenting with biodiesel so I know I'll need a good setup.

How is that sound-deadener-thing held on? I didn't see any fasteners, but I wasn't looking all that hard. There certainly is a lot of crap under the hood - far more than I expected... There's a thread in the Resto forum about a liquid sound deadener; I'll probably use some of that on the inside of the firewall and the cab floor.

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

if you go biodiesel, you dont need any special filtering.

If you go straight vegetable, you also dont need anything special in the warmer months. I ran up to a 80/20 mix of veggie and diesel all summer with no problems. Its winter that you will need to run a dual tank setup. If you filter the waste veggie oil to a small micron (under 12, preferably 8, since thats what the injection system calls for), you only need a small filter inline to catch anything that might have made it past the first filter, ususally during refilling).

If you do decide to make your own biodiesel, you still have to filter out to 8 microns before you pump it into your stock tank.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah - it's not the straightest truck, but there's not a whole lot of rust, either. The front clip is in good shape - far better than what's on my K5.

There's now a piece of old Tupperware over the oil filler. One on the intake, too, since I pulled the air filter assy off.

Haven't put too much thought into a filter setup yet. I'm seriously considering experimenting with biodiesel so I know I'll need a good setup.

How is that sound-deadener-thing held on? I didn't see any fasteners, but I wasn't looking all that hard. There certainly is a lot of crap under the hood - far more than I expected... There's a thread in the Resto forum about a liquid sound deadener; I'll probably use some of that on the inside of the firewall and the cab floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what holds the deadener on...might be glued or something. I never removed it from my donor /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I run a spin on filter and a 2 micron Racor filter/water seperator on mine. Just a simple bracket bolted to the firewall above the heater box. If you have AC you will have to get more creative than I did...

Rene