Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of the K5 I bought

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Here are a couple pics and a link to more pics of the 1970 K5 Blazer I picked up Saturday.

[​IMG]

Here's the filthy 400 small block with what appears to be a 2 barrel carb.

[​IMG]

Do these appear to be original seat fabric? I haven't seen cloth before in trucks and Blazers I have seen.

[​IMG]

Pretty bare options sheet

[​IMG]

Tire carrier - anyone know if this is a stock item?

[​IMG]

Grill and bumper in very good condition - anyone know if the push bar is a stock option?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a link to more pics if you are interested http://www.myoldtruck.com/Gallery/showgallery.php?si=&perpage=12&sort=7&cat=3032&ppuser=28&friendemail=email%40yourfriend.com&password=

2. Yukon Jack

Here is a pic of one of the rocker boxes. Completely intact!

[​IMG]

3. Yukon Jack

The rear hatch does not meet the tailgate. The hatch has some screw holes along the bottom edge. Is there supposed to be a weather stripping of some sort that goes from the hatch to the tailgate?

[​IMG]

4. Yukon Jack

Another question - where the top meets the windshield frame there is a pretty big gap. When I put in new weather stripping, should it take care of that gap? Looks like a lot of rain water will come through this area. There is some surface rust on the side of the frame, but nothing damaging.

[​IMG]

5. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Nice base for a rebuild.
    I believe that tire carrier is a dealer installed item.
    Mine had one when when I bought it.Does it look like this behind the tire?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure about the grille gaurd though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Yukon Jack

Took some time last night to clean out all the junk the previous owner had acquired in the Blazer. Filled up a trash can to the brim! Really cleaned up pretty well.

What do you all think of the driver and passenger seat - are they factory seats? Recovered maybe?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear seat cover looks pretty good but very brittle.

[​IMG]

Rear carpet behind seat is a bit damaged, but that is no problem. Floor is good beneath carpet.

[​IMG]

7. Yukon Jack

Bobby - your tire carrier looks very similar to the one on this Blazer.

8. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

The top of the tailgate sould have a metal strip that runs along the top edge.It prevents the tailgate from being opened when the hatch is down and locked.
    Sorry I can't find a picture of what that looks like.

The gap at the windshield will be taken up with new weather stripping,don't worry.Here's what it will look like.
    [​IMG]

A word about the rockers.Be weary,things can look fine from the outside but the inside can be another story->
    [​IMG]

9. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

From the pic's they look like factory seats to me.

10. Yukon Jack

Do you know if they ever came in cloth? These definitely don't match the blue vinyl looking rear seat covering.

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahahaha A little excited about this egh?
    The tailgate has a metal strip that screws to the top of the gate. So when the hatch closes it seals up with the metal strip, shin buster when climbing in and out of the truck. I took mine off and may have it laying around?? I'll try to remember to check for it. I may have gave it away already when I gave away my hardtop.
    The top of the door/windowframe/harttop needs a screw in plastic/metal seal flap type of deal. You can get replacements from any of the catalog companies
    Yes thoes seats 'look' factory. Low back seats were used back then.
    You got one helov a great project there! One day that badboy will be runnin like a champ. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. Yukon Jack

Yep, I am pretty excited. I sat in the back seat last night after getting it done and just smiled and smiled.

What is really cool is my two girls think it is pretty cool, actually want to ride in it. My wife even thinks it is pretty cool and told me she expected a heap, and was really suprised to see it in such good shape. This is coming from a wife who just rolls her eyes at my 69.

So, yep, I am pretty excited. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

13. Yukon Jack

Yet another question. This Blazer had the Dana 20 transfer case, will be switching to an NP205. Their is a chrome trim ring that goes on the floor around the Dana 20 shifter. It has some markings for what gear you are in. Is that a factory piece? Sorry, I don't have a pic of it right now.

14. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahah That is so cool that your family is giving you /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif.Very cool!

As for that shifter boot/ring...Duno? Never actually seen a rig using the D20 xfer. If it has shift locations on it I would guess yes it is factory.
    have fun /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

The seats are originals. Never seen that color though. Your hinge handle on the back of your passenger seat is different from my '70 as well. Looks pretty cool. I don't think the pushbar was a factory option.

16. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Your hinge handle on the back of your passenger seat

[/ QUOTE ]

I think those seats are from a 73-75 blazer. I noticed the difference when my brother put my 72 on his 73. the lever is shorter on the 69-72. the mounting h/w is the same.

ARQ.

17. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Your hinge handle on the back of your passenger seat

[/ QUOTE ]

I think those seats are from a 73-75 blazer. I noticed the difference when my brother put my 72 on his 73. the lever is shorter on the 69-72. the mounting h/w is the same.

ARQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

my seats are different as well. they have a loop by the back side that has a loop with a spring that you oull out and it lifts up. never seen that handle thing on the back. sweet blazer by the way. it was closer to me so i should have gotten it!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

69k5

18. Yukon Jack

I started replacing the body mounts last night and found some rust under the driver side carpet that has left many holes in the floor pan, but the passenger side was pretty good.

When I removed the door sill plates and looked under the carpet at the rear area where the seats bolt down I found a PO had used wood blocks to block up the rear of the seats. The wood was stacked and was a pretty pitiful attempt and raising the driver seat so I will correct that. There was not an agreement on whether these were stock seats, some said yes, some said no, but this leads me to believe the seats aren't the correct ones for this year.

Hopefully get out and get the carriage bolts out tonight or tomorrow.

19. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

YJ,

Just to clarify, you DO know the difference between the standard Blazer seats and what they called "utility seats" right?? Both were available in the 1st Gens but look VERY different from each other.

I have a set of each, I could post some pics if it would help you.

Also, my driver's side has an extra set of mounting holes (for the drivers seat) I never could figure that one out (pics are in my gallery somewhere) and nobody else seems to know what they were for, and I've never seen another Blazer with the same thing...... my '69 doesn't have it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

20. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure those seats are from a 73-75. I should know I have one of each in my mine. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif