Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of the new rig

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NCblackandredk5, Nov 18, 2002.

1. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

well the k5 engine died /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so i had to get something else to hold me till i can rebuild the motor
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    got it for $1000 so i figure it should do me good for now plus it gets 22mpg!!!! instead of 9 in the k5... dont worry though- the k5 will live again its just sleeping for now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

BOBB IT!!!!!!.
    I like those little Toy's they just don't like me. I feel like I'm jammed in a 10 year olds peddle car LOL. My knee his the steering wheel when I let off the clutch. Just wear a kidney belt if it has the stock springs! They will beat the snot out of you.
    Course $1k could have got you a reasonable millage FI engine at most Junkyards. I picked up a crate engine with about 10k on it complete down to the powersteering pump and carb for $850 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

If you had just a little cash to put in it, you could make a fairly capable wheeler. I had an '83 and a '91. Love those little trucks. It's a severe temptation to swap all my hardware over into a toy! Here's a short list to make it a very capable wheeler. That carb is a weber if it's stock and it's damn good offroad for angles. It's kinda like a quadrajet in that respect. For lockers, lockrights can be had for $250 each and will hold up in a toy. New gears, you can get a V6 carrier from westcoastdifferentials.com that has 4.88's fairly cheap the last time I checked. 4.88's are good for 33's or so, and those trucks came with 32's stock. Slap a set of 31 or 32" m/ts on it, and it'll be an extremely fun truck. Oh yeah, and BOB IT!!!