Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PICS of this weekends outing and of me stuck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bullet, May 18, 2004.

1. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Been getting a lot of rain here lately, so a couple of guys and I from our club decided to do a lil mud running
    [​IMG]

This was a pretty good hole, the bronco just cruised right through it on 35" Boggers. There is so much standing water here that you can't see the two 3' deep mud holes
    [​IMG]

When It was my turn to go I decided to hit both holes from the side approach for more of a challenge... I got stuck /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif There is only so much a 383 at 4500RPM and dual detriots can help you out in the mud before you need a strap. This was some sticky, sticky tan clay. All I needed was a little yank and I was free.
    [​IMG]

Here's another...
    [​IMG]

Too bad the guy who gave me a tug was a Jeep, so he had something to gloat about until we came to a hill with a 3' table top and he had hell trying to get over. When it came to my turn I just put 'er in 4Lo and pretty much idled over, and to add insult to injury I was acting like I was on my cell phone like it wasn't a big deal /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Here's a group shot...
    [​IMG]

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Sweet /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

You'd probably made it through that mud hole with some more agggressive rubber. The SSRs don't do quite as well in the soup but boy are they nice on the road /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

BTW, what did you decide to to about the damage from your accident? Fix it or leave it?

5. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

We're waiting on what the Ins. company offers us to fix the body. What we do from there is still up in the air /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Looks fun... is that all water that just came... or is that like a drainage spot from a creek?

7. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Looks like you had fun. What brand of soft top are you running? Likes or dislikes?

8. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Thats water that collected from a bad storm about two days before the run. That spot though is notorious for bad weather and tornadoes, its known as poverty point of Ft. Pantom hill lake. You don't want to be out there when a storm hit, I did and we were stuck in a jeep with no top and no way to get out. When we were tired of hiding underneath the Jeep from the storm, we ran about a mile down the road to my Jimmy to get the heck out of dodge.

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow that's alot of water. Are tornado's common around there /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks like you had fun. What brand of soft top are you running? Likes or dislikes?

[/ QUOTE ]

STC Fastrac 3 window softop with the dark tint. I absolutely love the top, makes the Texas summer days not so hot anymore not having that thick 'glass top on anymore. I run with the windows zipped out 90% of the time and its just like having the air flow of not having the top, but the shade of the top /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif