Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of truck I'm considering buying

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dysphemism, Jan 21, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

pics of truck I\'m considering buying

ok I posted the pics of this truck that I checked out today in Modesto on my webshots. The album should be up by now, it takes about 20 mins sometimes. The truck is a 1972, has a 454 with some serious grunt, dana 60 front with posi, 14 bolt rear with detroit, sm465 tranny, 205 t-case, single-walled hard top, soft top, bikini top. The tires are 42" swampers on 16.5" rims. It is in really good condition, paint is a little rough but on a truck like that its not my main concern. The motor runs great he started it up, took it on a test drive, etc. I tried to get the rust spots as best I could. So check em out and tell me. Also, the window frame is rust free, I just couldnt get a pic of it because it was really awkward. The truck is under the album TRUCK FOR SALE.

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

Re: pics of truck I\'m considering buying

looks pretty clean to me.it has a lot of wiring i wouldnt want hanging around like it does.how much?probably at least 5000 dollars or so.anything under and you are getting a good deal.if you have the money go for it.

3. dysphemism

haha if it was $5000 I woulda bought it by now. He wants $10,000. Yeah the wiring is something I don't really want lying around. Most of it is for his stereo, but he also has power windows. What would you guys value it at after checking out the pictures?

4. 72BlazerTravis

72BlazerTravis Registered Member

Its not worth 10 grand. At least not to me. I seen one exactly like it here in Missouri and he wanted $7800 and he still has it. That was at least 2 years ago.

5. dysphemism

Do you have any pics of the one in Missouri? I'd like to compare them.

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i dont think i'd pay 10000 for it myself.how much sterio stuff is in there?is he leaving it for the buyer?i thought it looked like speaker wires.then it had the 6x9's in the doors.i wouldnt pay over 7000 for it.but to me i like buying stuff cheap and fixing it up.its more time than money that way.i got my blazer for 2000 and am slowly restoring it.

7. Bill4rest

Bill4rest 1/2 ton status

With a body in that condition, that guy is on crack! The truck (from the pics) is nothing more than $7000. I only say $7000 becuase of the axles.

8. dysphemism

The stereo is pretty decent, its included. Probly not worth more than $400 though. I'm just using that rig as a basis for looking at others for sale. It's not worth $10,000 to me either. Its got some good running gear but the body, paint, and interior aren't anything special.