Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of what my tires should look like. and a question about trimming.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Mar 25, 2003.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Hello everyone. I've been saying that i'm going to get work done on my truck pretty much since last summer.. well i have all the money saved up for the 1 ton setup and tires, but getting ahold of the parts here in Santa Barbara is difficult. anyway, this is what i think my truck will look like with the new tires and the trimming i might have to do....
    [​IMG]

Now, my questions is just is the trimming good where it is, or do i need more or less. Thanks guys.
    (my setup should be d60/14ff 4.88 both disc and 16x10 rims) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

The only way to be sure on the amount of trimming you have to do is to get everything mounted up and go from there. Because every truck is different.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> All of the pics in this album are of my truck with a 6 inch lift and 38s. The trimming that I did was plenty 99% of the time. I trimmed the rear of the front fender back to the firewall and bent the fenderwell up against the cab, took the corner off of the front of the fender, and the rears needed no trimming at all. The tires were on 15x10 4.25" backspace rims. </font>

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status