Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pic's of wheels and a question about theft

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BobK, Mar 30, 2001.

1. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    pic\'s of wheels and a question about theft

I run these late 70's-80's factory ralley rims with all the trim on my 71 Blazer.My problem is that some-one stole my stainless trim rings(all 4 of them) last week.Couldn't find any locally(Santa Barbara,Ca. area) so I had to go to Ventura,only 1/2 hour away,to get some.I checked all the j-yards and no-one had a good set.Finally found some at the last yard I visited.
    My question is,since they were kinda hard to find I don't want someone else walking off with this set too.Anyone have a method of fastening the trim rings to the rim.Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

2. JBOY

JBOY Registered Member

Re: pic\'s of wheels and a question about theft

that sucks! i thought (hoped) hubcap stealing went out in the 50's? or 60's?? my first set were stolen but WHILE on my truck, that REALLY sucked! also had 2 of 4 stolen off my last blazer, so i bought a cheaper set from JC Whitney, just as wide but not nearly as nice as the originals. there was only ONE available at a local salvage yard here so yes, they do seem hard to come by. no ideas on securing them from future theft which i why i went for cheaper this time. FYI, JC Whitney did sell a nicer set as well but seems to me that they were 3 or 4 times the price? this was back in ~1996ish??

JBOY