Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics on 42"s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cgreenatl, Dec 27, 2003.

1. cgreenatl

cgreenatl Registered Member

Pics on 42\"s

I was hoping someone might post some pics of their rig that sports 42"s.. I'm looking at a set of 42 TSLs and run about 6" of lift, and trying to get an idea if this will work and how much fender will have to be trimmed..

Thanks for the help.

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Pics on 42\"s

Welcome to CK5. With 6" and 42" tires you will have to do some major trimming. Maybe add a 3" body lift

3. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.

Welcome to CK5...I fully disagree that you'll need anymore than 6" of lift with 42's.

[​IMG]

Theres my rig, 6" lift, Zero body lift (I despise body lift), and hacked rear fenders (I havent got to the fronts yet).

I think it looks nice. The fronts you may want to move your fron axle forward an inch or two.

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

6" suspension with the front axle moved 2" forward and rear axle moved back 3", 2" body lift(will be removed soon).
    [​IMG]

5. cgreenatl

cgreenatl Registered Member

Thanks guys for the prompt replies and welcoming.. I'm gettin excited about the K5 project, so far I've got ahold of a M1028 CUCV and working on cleaning up 60/14B. If things go my way they will go under an 88' K5 5.7/SM465 and then a Doubler.

DHDescender, I agree the fenders look good. I like the wide arch in the rear. I've seen a couple pics where people trimmed the front fender to where the back end is pretty much a straight shot to the door.. I was hoping to avoid this and give it a more rounded look.

I'm trying to go with as little lift as possible, and settled on 6" being about right. Originally I had planned on running a set of Bushwacker flares but I doubt they will remove enough fender to accomadate 40-42" TSLs..

Thanks again.

6. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

i first went with this
    [​IMG]

and after all my frame flexing the fenders actually fell off i did this

[​IMG]

6" and 42's

7. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.

*sniff*...But I love the full body look! *sniff*

All in the name of clearance right...? Hm. Double edged sword. I guess if the only reason I liek the full body is asthetics, and its function over form, its just nil.