Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*PICS* So I put my car into winter storage, and can't wait until spring...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Nov 26, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I put my car into winter storage last weekend... parked in the far corner of the shed behind the boat. This thing is a blast to drive, and actually did quite well when we took it out wheelin'. Safety glasses are mandatory. It is a '92 Thunderbird Sport with a 5.0 HO and independent rear suspension with Trac-Loc. It was already wrecked when I bought it. The car weighed too much for any off road fun, so I removed the front bumper and lights, hood, fenders, roof, doors, truck lid, rear bumper, and the whole dash board. The steering column just sits on the seat now. It doesn't weigh much anymore and the power of the 5.0 HO makes an awesome HP/weight ratio.

Sorry for the dark pics, I took these right before moving it back to the corner of the shed. The engine pic is from when it was still a complete car (note the super cool chrome twin blade wipers! :saweet: )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I was wondering why you were storing a 92 T-bird, but then I saw! Beautiful chop work!

I know the H.O. means High Output, but what is different in function that makes it better?

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I don't know a whole lot about Fords yet, but I'm learning. I'm not really sure what makes it a HO. I've read that this is basically the same motor used in the Mustangs. It has the same 300 ft lb torque rating, but 15 less HP at 200. They can take a lot of abuse and high RPM. I bought the car from my bro so I could pull the engine and swap it into something else... I'm just not sure what yet :confused:

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Now that its a convertable (and with that fancy chrome) it will be perfect for a homecoming parade. :D I am guessing that you have had a ton of fun in that thing. We had a couple of old cars around when I was in school that no one cared about. They were great.

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

swap it into anything, as long as it aint got a bow-tie on it :p:

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Ebay description:

Thish ere isa Custume 1992 Mercury Thunderbird, wita Huge Output 50 Litre 3.02 Big Block gasolin engine. Their is a minor bode damage, but it will be bufed before biding is ends.

I'd go on, but my head hurts.

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

A friend and I are planning on buying matching $200 80's BMWs to thrash around in. Looks like yours might be a little faster than ours :rotfl:

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: That's a fairly accurate description!

I want to drive this thing into town, but I might make the poleece mad...

9. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Bah- just get one of those WWI pilot caps, big goggles, and a long scarf, and you'll be fine!

10. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Here's my other cool ride I made. Me and a couple friends tossed a bench seat across the frame rails and took it out cruisin'. We got a lot of strange looks for some reason...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You need too find a Early Mustang too drop that 302 in.

12. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

An early Stang would be awesome. I recently bought a '95 Mustang (pics coming soon) with a 3.8/5 speed in it. I think it would be cool to swap it in there, but it's a lot of work and expense from what I've read. I also have an old '79 F150 that's in good condition but has a crappy 351M, so the 5.0/AOD would be cool to swap in there too. And then there's always my 4 wheel drive Ford frame I'm building and need an engine for...