Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Picture proof

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Leadfoot, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well in the search for my 3.23 front ring and pinion gears for a fellow member who wants to buy them (sorry I haven't been able to locate them yet), I came across my old 3.21 ring and pinion set for my 14bolt FF. Some people on this board and others have questioned whether or not they truelly existed, I even talked to a "GM expert" who told me I was full of **** when I told them I had factory 3.21 gears in a 14 bolt FF. I just brought him these gears and you should have seen the look on his face (priceless [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]). I can't say as I blame people as I am the only person I know who has these gears (I had heard one other person had them, but was not given any proof). Well here they are click here

2. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Lets see...............45/14=3.2143

Yep, i'd say they were a 3.21 ratio. And with a GM stamp on them. Pretty cool.

Now all you need is a set of 44's with those and you can have a great top speed. [​IMG]

See Ya,
    Keith

<font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/californiak5>CaliforniaK5's Pictures</a>

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Cool! I just picked up a very nice set of 14-bolt FF gears. 41 teeth on the ring gear and 9 teeth on the pinion gear. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I might have a set of them too, unless they made a 2.73, or 3.08 14bff rear end... I do 65 MPH at 2100 RPM, through an automatic... in my old C20 pickup, 65 ran at 2600 with 3.73's, with a manual. I'll be pulling the cover off for inspection, and new fluid hopefully before too much longer, ( about a week ) I'll check, and see. perhaps even hijack a digital camera, and get pics of it.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The funny thing was with the poor low range of the 205, the high 3.21 gears, and 33's when I was pulling people would ask me whether I had it in 4 hi instead of 4 lo because I did not have the wheel speed that the others had (although the motor more than made up for it, it actually lugged LESS than some of the guys with big blocks, 4.11's and 35's). I have 4.56's now (what a big difference) on take-off. The cool part is I went from a TH350 to a 700r4 so now with the 30% overdrive, my rpm's are about the same (actually they are now less with the converter locked), 4.56 x .70 (For overdrive) = 3.192 which is actually lower than the 3.21's. and with the lower gears along with the lower first gear of the 700, take-offs are much easier and quicker. I get better gas mileage on the highway and around town (less throttle to get the beast motivated).

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

6. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

Hey I think I have a set of those 3:21 14bolt gears, you will find these in some 2WDs with the 14bolt FF.I also passed on a van rear with that ratio has well,they have all kinds of strange ratios in 2wd stuff!

RGF