Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

picture request

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTChevy, Sep 14, 2005.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

anyone got 35's or 33's on an 8 inch rim with a 4 inch lift, no trimming? I am still so confused as to what i want to do, but i dont feel like trimming the fenders. I got a 4 inch lift right now. 31's look funny

2. barneybirddog

barneybirddog Registered Member

I got 33's on 8's with a 2" on my 86 K5, no trimming and hasn't rubbed yet

3. MTChevy

i dont do much flexing, and a 35 would fill up the space nicely. i might just be fine with 35's

4. barneybirddog

barneybirddog Registered Member

Yeah I should have included that I just put a 4" in the rear and 33's look a little timid. Go with the 35's and let me know how it goes. I'm gonna have to get some different tires pretty soon. I have some super swamper 38's but I know they won't fit so I'm gonna get some 35's I just have to figure out what to get.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

4" and 39.5s... trim that sheetmetal.

[​IMG]

Believe me, getting over the "oh I don't want to hurt my pretty pretty sheetmetal!" hang-up is a very liberating experience. It may even be the reason I really got into wheelin'. I did it once... got a dent and thought to myself "you know, I don't give a crap... I like that dent!". Been diggin' the sport ever since.

j

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

One day I WILL learn to use a computer!!!!!!!

8. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

4" lift, 35x12.50's on an 8" rim. No Cutting, No rubbing. Havent flexed it hard after the lift though. Some minor trimming might come later.

[​IMG]

9. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

pics

The blue truck is 4" lift with 35s and sway bar disconnected the white is stock with 31s and no swaybar.

Ira

10. K30Blazer

K30Blazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

here you go:

4 inch lift with 35's, here is the difference between my old worn 33's and my new 35's

[​IMG]

Here are some more, and yes it will rub. I am considering a 1 inch body lift to avoid the rub as I don't really want to trim, but I am weighing doing that too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. MTChevy

I guess im leaning towards 35's. This is just the start of a project, and pretty much a DD. I know for sure it will get some trimmage and bigger tires later down the road.

12. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

In those pics I have a 4" lift and run zerorates for a total of 5" lift. I rub at the back of the front tire when at full flex. My front springs are tuff country EZ rides and are very flexy. The only trimming I NEED to do right now is the lip under the inner fender at the rear of the front fender. And that is only at HARD, FULL, flex. If you run a stiffer spring or you don't bury your front tires when flexing you could get by with no trimming.

13. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

The lift was on my 73 when i got it but has 4" blocks in the rear and sets level. With 35's and i have no sway bar on it. sorry no pics but it rubbed pretty good so i cut enough for a bit bigger than the 35's that are on it.

14. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

If you are really going to wheel it, don't even consider 33's. My 35's are starting to look mighty small... I still don't want height as many of the trails around here are tight, and are helping me with pin-striping. When I first bought the blazer I didn't want to scuff the paint, etc. Now its prioritized: 1. Wheel, 2. Look nice. I prefer not to dent/scratch it....but the blazer was bought to wheel, not show.

15. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

^ What he said.

I have a pretty bling paint job, but I bought the truck strictly to wheel. Cutting that first fender was hard... In fact, I was standing there with my buddy staring at the drivers rear fender holding the sawzall and my buddy says "What are you doing?" I said.. "building up the courage to chop the body". He grabbed the sawzall out of my hand and in 30 seconds it was over. I did the rest and never looked back :D

[​IMG]

I used an angle grinder w/ a cutoff wheel for the front sheetmetal, then ground it smooth with an grinder head. used the sawzall for the inner stuff behind the sheet metal. Except for the lack of the factory lip, it looks very good IMO. And it's very functional. My trimming is what I consider mild, and with 52's, 38.5's and a 3" body lift there's no tire/body no contact even at full flex.

If you bought the blazer to show, then you shouldn't be worried about rubbing because it won't rub, because you won't be on the trail. If you bought it to wheel, then :grind: :hack: You'll quickly find that on the trail that function always is greater than beauty. You'll quickly learn on here that if done right, cut fenders actually look better :) It took me 4 months but I learned.

Good luck

Mike

16. MTChevy

I can guarentee if i get a different DD, this thing will be no where near where it is at now. It isnt going to see the flex you guys show for a while. I guess its more of a show for now deal (i hate to say it) so maybe 35's are for me with no trimming. mouse, your blazer up and running now? I still have yet to see it. Thanks for the help here guys.

17. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

also remember that many tires arent true to their claimed size. get 35s

18. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I have been running fine since the starter/flex plate change in July. Since gas went up, I've been driving the diesel more than the blazer though. If your interested in attending a club meeting (Cascade County 4x4) they are at 7:30 pm, first thursday each month at the sheriff's posse. We've got a BBQ and some other things planned in the near future. Let me know!

19. 84zz4ss

84zz4ss 1/2 ton status Premium Member

35'S WITH 4"

Here is my 90 with 35's. It has the Skye flip and hd tuff country leaves in front. It will rub flexed on the trail. Stock 15x8 steel wheels.

20. Jew Pimpin

Jew Pimpin Registered Member

Daily driver and limited wheeler. 35" tires 3" lift and minor trimming. Trimming isn't as bad as it sounds and if done right it look great!

websize1.jpg