Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pictures are up

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TED, Apr 18, 2003.

1. TED

TED Registered Member

Well, here are the pictures of about half of what I have done. After I install headers and get it painted I'll add some more. Once you start upgrading, it just never ends. Then again, I wouldn't have it any other way. This is how I spent my spare time in college. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/bigk5

2. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wow it looks awesome!

I especially like the case of Bud holding the Tube bender down! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

That looks great. You put a lot of work into that truck. I bet cutting the windshield was scary. I really like the bedliner. What brand is that? Did you do it yourself or is it professionally sprayed? How far up the firewall did you go? I want do that to my truck too!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. TED

TED Registered Member

The liner is called Speedliner and it was professionally sprayed. I used it after I read a comparison of liners in Petersons, supposedly it's quite a bit tougher, especially in hot weather, than Rhino is. It is about like Line-X but a few hundred dollars less expensive or at least it was where I had it done. It cost me about $450 for the whole tub. I took the heater / vent assembly out and told him to spray it as far up the firewall as he could. It goes right up to the height of the fuse block or higher all the way across. Don't have to worry about the floor rusting out anymore since that stuff is on the top of the floor and it has POR-15 below. It makes things quieter inside too, I'm really happy with it. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

Nice work. Extremely gutsy. You got balls man. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

So when are you gonna come over & help me replace my rockers?

Looks good.

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow you're in San Jose!
    Nice work man!

Have ya checked out www.norcalbigdawgs.net we're having the big blazerfest event in june at hollister. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Jeff......!!!

Man, you came from outta nowhere and posted up some KILLER photos.....your metalworking skills are really good. I'm impressed (and jealous) that you've already gotten so much rust eliminated from your rig.

.....one of these days I've got to deal with rockers. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. TED

TED Registered Member

Tuff- Thanks, but I don't know if it's balls or lack of brains.
    MJF- I'll help with your rockers if you want. I'm definitely no expert when it comes to body work though.
    RyanB- That Hollister trip sounds great, I'll have to put that on the calendar.
    Greg- Thanks for the compliment. I bought a welder in college and a few other toys and spent a lot of time in the garage. When I felt I was ready I started cuttin up the Blazer. The beautiful thing about metal is that you can fix your mistakes if you have the right tools.

Jeff