Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pictures, finally!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jcg, Mar 30, 2002.

1. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I stopped by a friends house yesterday and had him snap some pictures of my bumper, H-pipe, and the bracket for my York. We took pictures of my rocksliders too but they didn't come out very well, I'll get some once I get the mud cleaned off. I don't have a photo site yet so they're just in directories on my website.

<a target="_blank" href=http://home.rochester.rr.com/gerzseny/truck_pics/>home.rochester.rr.com/gerzseny/truck_pics/</a>

Here's a bit of a description of what the pics are:

Bumper: A picture of the overall assembled bumper, and then some pictures of the mounts and structural supports with the deck plate off.

H-pipe: He just snapped a couple close up shots to show how it runs under the T-case and then one overall shot from the rear. I bought a Flowmaster H-pipe kit for the T pipes and a J bend to make my pipe out of. It probably doesn't work quite as good as a straight pipe but it's better than nothing, and if nothing else, it looks cool! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I really should reseal my t-case and build a better skidplate one of these days!

OBA bracket: We got the best shots we could since it's kind of far down in the engine bay. I'll try and get a cad drawing up on the site in the next few days, I just gotta clean up some dimensions and stuff. The battery cable is going to be relocated once I get a belt on it since it's really close to the pulley, I just wasn't in the mood to change it at the time I put the pump in. I was able to use the factory brakets from the smog pump, including the tensioner.

Sorry for everything being covered with roadsalt and a bit rusty, unfortunately that's part of life in western NY. If you've got any questions feel free to ask!

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I hope you don't mind if I use a lot of idea's from your bumers; they are almost exactly what I had pictured in my mind.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

looks great /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

it all looks great

5. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Hey no problem! The rear bumper got a good workout today and passed all the tests!. I had it buried in the ground today with quite a bit of the trucks weight on it and it didn't move at all. I dropped it pretty hard on quite a few rocks and berms too, didn't bend at all. I'm really happy with it. That 1/4" wall tube is heavy but well worth it.

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

hey, thanks. I'd like to wrap around a bit further then you, and a few other minor changes, but probably not much. I intend on putting a spare tire carrier on it, but I want to make a receiver hitch in the one corner that goes vertical that the spare tire carrier will connect in so I can remove the spare, and put it in a receiver that I will put in the back somewhere.

somewhere I want to incorperate some backing lights into the mix also, but I'm not sure how I'm going to do that. I want the backing lights on a toggle switch also that I can flip on when I want to. problem is I want the bumper narrow enough that it will be very difficult to maintain strength, and do a cutout for backup lights.

front will look pretty similiar too, but a few changes there also. (want off-road lights &amp; driving lights - also want it to triangulate up then flatten to somewhat protect the grill - lights will sit on top of the bumper)