Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*Pictures* Ford F250 price check

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dasanii19, Mar 10, 2007.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

This sorta caught my eye last night in the walmart parking lot last night and snapped a picture of it with my camera phone. Its pretty clean inside and out.its a 4x4 3/4 Ford F250, says it has a rebuilt 460 in it (30,000) It also says make offer so I called the guy and asked him "round abouts" what his wanting. He said he would "like to get" $3000, but sounded unsure of it. The tail gate has a dent in it. The paint looks decent for being hold old it is. I think it has a lift but not sure. It has some decent wheels and tread left on the BFG AT's. The truck is has manual transmission

What would you guys say its worth? He also told me the dealer ship would give him $1,200

2. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

3. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

Offer him $2000 and get him to go down to $2300-$2500 and get it. just make sure it is in good mechanical shape. And that it aint a rust bucket.

4. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

So you like the looks of it? you think its worth 2 grand? I dont really know anything about fords but for some reason this truck caught my eye.

5. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

Fords have a tendency to suck..stay far away. The older ones arent as bad as their newer trucks.

6. iwaxmyjimmy

Hater, one question so GMs multi displacement system in the caddys a while back didnt suck? All the makes have there pros and cons grow up.

7. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

now thats just being stupid:rolleyes:

i would say drive it and check out everything under the hood and body and make sure theres no rust.. if its not rusty or has a little bit i dont think 2k is that bad of a price

8. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

I still have quite a bit to do on my project Blazer and I only have $3000 saved up. If I buy this ford that may put a hold on things for awhile. :confused: :confused: :confused:

If I bought this ford I would then have 3 vehicals with one drive way :confused: :confused: :confused:

I probably should stay way, unless its a deal I cant pass up. Is it? :D

9. iwaxmyjimmy

Spend it on your blazer, with another vehicle you have to pay taxes,tags,insurance,maintance so it gets rather spendly.

10. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks for helping me make up my mind.

11. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

Dont get a ford, spend your money on your blazer!

12. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

What year is it?

13. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

My blazer or the ford? the ford is a 79. My blazer is a 76'.

Im replacing the leaf spring bushings on my blazer as we speak. New shocks and steering stabilizer too :D

14. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

if the dealership is offering him 1200 go over with 1500 cash... Money talks and alot of times people will let things go for alot less than they want to if money is waved infront of them, especially greenbacks:wink1:

Worst thing he says is no, right?

15. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

I love the look of those old Ford High boys. The 460 is a stump puller too. Lots of torque. If I had the money I would snatch that thing up in a heart beat. Its hard to tell from the pic but it looks pretty clean.

~Brian

16. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I love the Highboys, too, but that truck pictured is not a Highboy. Its either a '77.5, '78 or '79 and that makes it a Lowboy.

As quoted above, the dealership was offering $1200, I'd offer him $1500 just to make him feel he's getting a better deal than from a dealer.

17. Brians89K5

I thought that highboy refered to that particular body style. My bad, I don't know much about fords. Just that I like this particular body style.

~Brian

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Shows how much you know about Fords. :surepal:

I've always loved the '73-'79 era of F-series trucks. The Highboys are my personal favorite. These trucks are no different than the K-series trucks we all love here on this site. Each vehicle has its own unique personality.

As quoted above, grow up a little, don't bash Fords, or Dodges for that matter, as all are good trucks when running good and taken care of. Everyone has a personal preference and I don't care to hear your negative attitudes towards Ford. As they say, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Now I'm sitting down to prop my feet up and eat my bowl of popcorn to watch this thread become a mess. Someone needs to put up the popcorn smilie for me as its gonna get interesting now.....:rolleyes:

19. Brians89K5

Haha, I will have to agree with you Brother. Anyone who has had the chance to drive a 460 knows that fords don't suck. As a matter of fact, I believe they make more torque down low then the 454 does and they are built like a brick shi* house. I have my popcorn, this should be interesting to watch.

~Brian

20. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

The 77.5-79's are my favorite

Wes, whats the differance between a high boy/ low boy?

Anyways, they are great looking trucks.

Beside does anyone stop to think for a second? The axles- dana, np transfer case...All used in chevy's

And the 460/ c6 is basicly a 454/ 400

Id snatch that thing up if it was by me. Im a die hard chevy guy, but im not a narrow minded retard either:rolleyes:

Btw I think its easily worht 3 g's but that for new england. Im just saying $1500 so you'll come in higher than the dealer, and still have room to work with.