Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pictures from Ft.Bliss, TX

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by blazenwhip, Sep 30, 2005.

1. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

Hey guys! I'm almost done with training here at Ft. Bliss, TX. Soon I'll be off to Iraq. I get to come home first. I've been having alot of fun shooting and raceing a HUMMV through the desert and mud. They keep choosing me to be a driver. They recognize my skills I guess. I was driving my Commander, LTC Walker, during convoy opps. She, my CMDR, initially was wanting me to take it easy out there. But then one of the training NCO'S reminded me that I was driving a HUMMV. I told him he didn't have to tell me more than once and that my CMDR was holding me back. So, I took her for a little ride! After going through a huge mud puddle, turning my gunner dark brown, my CMDR screamed out "LaDue, where are you from?!" I said, "from Phoenix Mamm. I do a lot of 4 wheel'n." The mud came down through the turett and got her too.
    Anyway, I wanted to say what's up. And I appreciate everyone who supports us troops.

bbq 004.jpg

IMT 005.jpg

2. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well since there is no big white tent in the back ground i would assume you are still downrange at donna anna? I was there doing the same thing in april with the 872nd but got refraded for medical. Good luck.

Doug W.

3. blazenwhip

Yes, I'm still at Dona Anna. That picture was taken while waiting to refuel at the motor pool.

4. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

Why is it always the girls that say take it easy? :confused:
    Must be fun to drive a Hummer as hard as you want to, and not have to make the payments :D .
    Be safe over there, and GOD is good.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  5. blazenwhip

Don't get me wrong. We got some girls that have no fear! They were driving pretty damm good.
    My payment for driving that HUMMV was my life to the U.S. Army, HOOAH!
    It's almost a fair trade off. I get to do all the things I love doing and get paid for it.

One more thing...

Yes, He is good.

Thanks, Brother!

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

and don't forget a big :usaflag: THANK YOU ! :usaflag:

for doing what you are doing, :waytogo:

7. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, over looked that part. :bow:

8. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

Good luck over there man. My unit is recently returned. Watch your back and have fun pushing that Humvee to it's limit. :D

9. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Cool stuff, man! Be careful out there....and make sure to pig out on some of that great Tex Mex food before you leave....I recommend Carne Guisada...

10. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The mess tent at donna ana isn't quite the type of place i'd recommend to friends...but when you are hungry it beats an MRE...then again i'll take the MRE. When i was there earlier this year the very nice bathroom/shower tent had no a/c as it was broken...talk about sweetin while takin care of buisness...lol. I still get a kick out of the street vendor and his cart sellin sunglasses and such to us gi's...

My ako account is douglas.c.wright@us.army.net? Forget if its a .gov or such. Keep in touch and i'll send you goodies bud..

My unit..the 872ND Maint DS is on site in Mosul...LSA Diamond back....i was on MST1.

Doug Wright